Forums Guild Applications [WITHDRAWN] Zulgara – MM Hunter

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Druwd 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Zulgara
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

George, 21, UK

Character Name and BattleTag

Zulgara – Defias Brotherhood Greenzool#2273

Class

Hunter

Primary spec

Marksmanship

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/defias-brotherhood/zulgara

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/defias-brotherhood/zulgara

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

ELVui, Bigwigs, Weakaura, Exorsus Raidtools, Skada aswell as many small quality of life addons

https://i.gyazo.com/149915b80d04cc040eb79e211309fc8a.jpg

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

Known about them on Defias since they’ve existed pretty much, Main reason for applying current guild is disbanding due to many (legion) reasons, I want to continue raiding at a high level on horde, preferably without transferring which makes you guys my primary option

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

As stated above my current guild is disbanding so, I need a new home to raid and have fun with the game

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

Played since vanilla as a young kid, raided casually until Wrath, with some breaks inbetween play mainly getting carried by older brothers guilds as i was to young to really be good at the game. Started Raiding seriously with premade guild during ICC cleared full Normal 10man, continued with that guild into early HC Tier 11, Guild disbanded moved to new guild on another server for Firelands but that guild disbanded early hc aswell so i took a break from the game. Cameback during Throne of Thunder joined a reform of Revelations on Horde side became raidleader started progressing into HC however I had to quit due to exams and focus on IRL stuff.

Once again returned to the game this time for start of WoD ended up hopping around a lil bit at the start ended up joining Laganum eventually became raidleader their and progressed into Mythic BRF 7/10 guild once again disbands due to being unable to field a roster, we moved as a group to Victus on Shattered hand ended up progress 9/10M with them and 3% wipe Blackhand Mythic, Continued with them into HFC however i and many of the members of laganum that joined with me did not get on with the GM of Victus so we decided to move on, joined another guild i do not remember the name of but that didn’t pan out at all for long so I ended up quitting until Legion.

Towards the beginning of legion some of the laganum friends got in contact with me and we decided to try raiding together again under a new name back on Defias, Primal was formed and i was fulltime raidleader there from then till now and more or less GM. Most view me as GM as current GM doesn’t actively raid or have involvement with activities of the guild

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

As a marksmanship hunter the main part of your gameplay to focus on is Vulnerable uptime and maximising your uptime on current tier set bonus. As Marks you don’t really have any rotation its basically apply Vulnerable to target via Windburst if off CD or marked shot procs when Vulnerable is about to drop off, then focus dump Aimed shots into the target preferably 2 in a row to proc Tier 20 set bonus for 15% crit, and then aim to get as many more aimeds in before debuff drops.

The way I set myself apart from other hunters is primarily making use of the Tier 20 set bonus currently and playing well with the Patient Sniper Talent, Patient sniper makes the vulnerable debuff give extra damage modifier x6 every sec it is on the target so ideally you want to make sure if you can hit 3 aimed shots in the vulnerable window they line up so that the last 2 hit back to back just as Vulnerable is about expire, while doing that and managing focus correctly the main way hunters excel with dmg currently is high Tier 20 2pc uptime which I believe myself to be very good with.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

Generally I analyse my own logs aswell as other top performing hunters to compare the differences. I sim myself with many pieces of gear to optomize my potential dmg output aswell as many different gearsets for different types of content/bosses. If i’m vastly making errors which are visually understandable to me I will generally talk with other top hunters i’m in contact with to discuss about the problems. Usually though i’m able to self analyse and fix my own issues if their are any.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

As a hunter in raid we have historically been good at dealing with the “shit” encounter jobs which i’m very used to aswell as putting myself up for them where possible. As for dmg currently MM excels at Single Target sustained damage and can be good a various forms of AoE depending on encounter type. Next tier for example Hunters will probably be if not best one of the top AoE classes as our new set bonus will make the sidewinders build good again meaning insane spread cleave. As a marks hunter I don’t have the best movement capabilities but can still damage on the move better than some aswell as BM itself being totally free reign to dps on the run if an encounter requires it. Finally like mages and a decent number classes nowadays Hunter also has turtle for immuning or soaking various mechanics.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

Yes, hard to shut me up.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 7:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (8:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yes

• This topic was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  Korogg.

Okayama

Hi Zulgara,

Thank you for the application we will discuss it and get back to you with any questions we may have.

Thanks
    Okayama

Druwd

Hi – Good application on a class we need.

I always like to raid with players who have GM and/or Raid leading experience – I think it gives them the understanding that the success of the team is more important than the individual success of themselves as a player.

Anyway – accepted for a trial.

Message any officer for an inv.

(As we discussed yesterday – we are currently extending indefinitely on KJ with a set comp – so might be a slow start – but hopefully won’t take too long.)

Drowd

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.