Forums Guild Applications [DECLINED] Wicherek – MM Hunter

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Druwd 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

wicherek
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

Matthias, 18, Poland

Character Name and BattleTag

Wicherek – Ravenholdt wicherek#2430

Class

Hunter

Primary spec

Marksmanship

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravenholdt/wicherek

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/788051/11/

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

Angry Assignments, Bartender, Details, Exorsus RT, Pawn, Quartz, SUF, Weakauras, DBM and bunch of helpful addons for non-raid activites.

https://i.imgur.com/khaIvUo.jpg

Old screenshot but my UI haven’t changed since then(only weakauras above main cast bar).

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

I’ve known about MMM since HFC, Monvillea suggested me to apply (and I don’t really want to transfer realm).

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

My last guild has stopped raiding.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

I started raiding in Warlords of Draenor pre-patch in a guild called Flame of Neltharion where we cleared 14/14 Mythic SoO. After drama with our burnt out GM most of the raiders left and we created Solar Prominence. As a co-founder of SP I was involved into guild management and leadership of the guild throughout the whole expansion (WoD). We cleared 7/7M Highmaul, 7/10M BRF and 13/13M HFC, ended up with rank 969 world. At the end of WoD the guild started dying (GM/RL left), we got through Emerald Nightmare but it was getting worse and worse. The amount of stress combined with irl issues (which affected my performance back then) pushed me to step down from officer rank and, in the end, to leave the guild. After that I’ve tried to find a suitable guild, joined Wipe Material during Nighthold, they stopped raiding. Then I joined Primal for a bit but decided to take a break from the game, recently came back and wanted to join Primals raiding team again but they stopped raiding as well.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

Basically vulnerable windows uptime + other uptimes (set bonuses). I haven’t got my 4 set yet but I’m quite familiar with the rotation, it just comes down to getting as many vulnerable windows as possible with aimed shots at the end + keeping up the set bonuses (2 aimed shots in a row). Simplicity of my class allows many people perform above average if they just go by the book (Icy Veins for example). I always try to stand out and do my best, I run my own simcrafts to check the best setup possible (talents, gear choice, own stat priority). Whenever I can I follow recent class changes either on class discord or forums. Basically my class research comes down to top players’ guides/theories + own simcraft + logs + common sense. During progress/new content I focus mainly on new mechanics and positioning. When I’m comfortable with them I start messing around with timers for the best dps output.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

I kinda covered it in the answer above. Logs + forums + simcraft + common sense. I compare my logs with top hunters or with similar parses (similar gear or similar kill time) where I look at their movement during the fight and their rotation (for example I compare their vulnerable windows + amount of aimed shots casted to improve my own performance at a specific encounter). On top of that I usually test my ST performance on a dummy whenever I feel I’m underperforming on ST or if I’m not comfortable with it (or if there were any changes to it caused by spell changes).
    I’m always open for suggestions, I research my class but it doesn’t mean I’m always right so if anyone has something to say about my gameplay/rotation/class I’ll gladly listen to them.

(I still have some catching up to do because of my break so I might be a bit behind on some future changes announce for next patch but I think I’m up to date with current state of my class)

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

– Better movement than other ranged classes in my opinion, Disengage + Instant speed boost from Aspect of the Cheetah (still a dps loss but really depends on encounter)
    – Immunity soaking with Turtle
    – Number one pick for mechanics duty whenever its needed (I’m quite comfortable with it)
    – Attack range from mastery (50 yards), allows better positioning

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

Yes

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 7:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (8:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yes

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Druwd.

Druwd

Hi Wicherek,

How come you are coming back to wow now?

Regards,
    Drowd

wicherek
    Participant

I needed to take a break, fixed all non-gaming related issues during that time but after so many years of raiding I just had literally nothing to do around raid times because I was so used to it. Got bored of other games and decided to come back.

Druwd

Hi wicherek – we will be doing a quick heroic clear tonight at 21.30 server time.

Would you be able to attend?

Drowd

wicherek
    Participant

Yes.

Druwd

Hi wicherek – thanks for joining the raid on thurs.

How would you plan to catch up on gear etc before antorus?

Regards,
    Drowd

Druwd

Application Declined.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.