Forums Guild Applications [DECLINED] Tilhis – Balance Druid

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tilhi 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tilhi
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from
    My name is Monika, I’m 31 years old and I’m from Poland.

Character Name and BattleTag
    Tilhis, tilhi#2239

Class:
    Druid

Primary spec:
    Balance

Link to your Armory profile
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/tarren-mill/tilhis

Warcraft Logs or Similar
    Nighthold: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/8756146/11

Tomb of Sargeras: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/25883232/13

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/JQ2vpb1.jpg

Addons: DBM (raid warning and timers), TellMeWhen (for rotation and procs auras), Weak Auras (for boss encounter auras – usually imported from someone else), GTFO (for making sure I won’t stand in any fire), Ora3 (for battle ress monitor), Exorsus Raid Tools (for raid cooldowns, ie Innervate), Angry Assignments (for raid note), KuiNameplates (for highly customised nameplates) and lilttle quality of life addons like BetterRez (extra button for when you are being resurrected), BonusRollPreview (self-explanatory) or RelicInspector (showing relic traits in tooltip)

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

I remember you from Hellfire Citadel days, when I was raiding with Solar Prominence and we were trying to become the best Horde guild on the realm but couldn’t catch up. I was loosely following your progress since then and was sad to hear about your disband in Nighthold.

You asked me to join you back in June when rebuilding the guild, but I couldn’t follow and afterwards I was kinda wondering how serious you were with this offer. I think I’d like to finally find out.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

I have left my last guild (Zanity – Tarren Mill) when it became apparent that despite my best efforts I can never feel at home there. During trial and after getting promoted to raider, when raiding and after raid hours, most of the time I felt unwelcome there and it was only getting worse with constant stream of people joining and leaving.

I am hoping to find you more fun to play with.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

I have started raiding at the very end of Mists of Pandaria with a reroll guild that successfully cleared all previous raid tiers and eventually completed Siege of Orgrimmar on normal difficutly. I have played with them until the end of Blackrock Foundry as an officer responsible for website and recruitment.

After my first guild’s unfortunate disband I have decided to give mythic raiding a try, so I joined Solar Prominence and fully cleared mythic Hellfire Citadel and Emerald Nightmare. We had lots of fun together, but after losing most of the healers during Trial of Valor progress the decision was made to call it.

My next guild, Ice Cold Flex, had its ups and downs, but more often than not I have truly enjoyed raiding there. It all ended when most of the officers decided to suddenly transfer away shortly after mythic Gul’dan kill. We did try to rebuild the raid team, but with the next tier around the corner it turned out to be an impossible task.

During Tomb of Sargeras I have raided with Zanity, mentioned above, getting 8/9 kills and progressing Maiden, Avatar and Kil’jaeden (up to 50%).

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

Boomkin combat consists of maintaining Moonfire and Sunfire dots, building Astral Power with Lunar Strike and Solar Wrath and spending it on Starsurge (single target) or Starfall (whenever two or more targets of equal priority are present). On top of that, we have hard-hitting and awesome-looking artefact ability Full Moon, which should ideally be used with damage-increasing cooldowns or procs.

During a typical encounter you would open up with Solar Wrath -> New Moon -> dots -> Incarnation -> Half Moon and Full Moon, try to cast as many Astral Power spenders and Moon spells as possible while cooldowns are active, then maintain a rotation which consists of refreshing dots if needed, not wasting Astral Power, Moon spell charges and Empowerements and making sure you have enough resources saved for movement or priority targets.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t what could make me stand apart at this point, when I’m still in no way a master of a spec and keep discovering things that I could improve. I would say that the dedication I have to get better, being open to suggestions and actively working on incorporating them into my gameplay.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

I follow druid discord channel and check out numerous guides and spreadsheets posted in there. Occassionally I browse MMO-Champion forums and Reddit. When I have time, I watch kill videos or streams from a boomkin PoV and compare logs with better players.

After that, there is practice. It took me a while, but I have finally realised that it’s not enough to know how things work and learn on the fly. I want to get to the point where I can panic about imminent death, get distracted by my dog or get lost in the music and still press correct buttons everytime.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

Boomkins are excellent at semi-spread sustained AOE (with all targets inside Starfall range living long enough for dots to run their full duration), good at single target and decent at bursting down priority targets providing we can safe Astral Power and / or cooldowns for it.

Additionally we provide an instant cast battle ress, lovely Innervate cooldown which healers tend to fight over, good survivability with bear form and decent mobility with cat form, Dash, Wild Charge and casting on the move within Starfall range with Stellar Drift (which we rarely if ever spec out of).

As a trade-off, we are horrible at burst AOE and switching to low health targets, not that good at fights with constant movement with our 2-3 second per cast Astral Power builders and don’t provide any immunity that would allow us to soak dangerous mechanics.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?
    Yes, yes and yes (I’m not afraid to speak when needed, but I also know when to keep quiet)

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)
    Yes, I can make these raid times.

Extra notes
    Thank you for reading up to this far, and thank you for your consideration.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Druwd.

Druwd

Hi – thanks for the application.

Unfortunately I do not believe we have a spot for you on our roster for antorus.

I wish you the best of luck!

Regards,
    Drowd

tilhi
    Participant

Hello,

thank you for fast answer, and best of luck to you as well. Make Defias Horde proud 🙂

Kind regards,
    Tilhi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.