Forums Guild Applications [DECLINED] Stybax – MM Hunter

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stybax 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Stybax
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

Mathias, 20, Denmark – Copenhagen Area

Character Name and BattleTag

Stybax, Saitham#2264

Class

Hunter

Primary spec

MM – Offspec Bm

Link to your Armory profile
    https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/kazzak/Stybax
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/stybax

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/26702637/13#metric=dps&compare=1

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

ELVui, DBM, Weakaura, Exorsus Raidtools, Details, PAWN, and tons of other addons
    https://imgur.com/a/XHH3W

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

Was in Primal earlier and when they disbanded i was checking you guys out, and was really considering applying but the GM i was talking to was so kind and made me go back to Kazzak for free otherwise i would have applied.
    What is making me apply now is that Warmad approached me at the right time!

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

I left my last guild named Banter Basement, the raidleader couldnt manage to lead the grp, people were failing on the simplest mechanics multiple times in a row on a farm boss and he wouldnt do anything about it. The other reasons i had for leaving the guild was that the players in the guild couldnt take criticism, if you told them to change something they would take it personal and wouldnt change a thing. Im the exact opposite person, i wanna improve myself and want the best for the raid group. After the talk with the officers i feel like this is the right place for me to be!

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

Legion started out really good for me, i was in Northern Light – Outland where basicly everyone didnt know eachother and didnt have the best of raiding history. We managed with the right group to achieve Realm First Xavius infront of all the other top guilds on the server, not only did we do it with a newly formed guild but we had TONS of fun doing it, was the best time in Legion so-far for me. After this the raidleader had to quit the game since school was starting, we tried to continue but were unable to do so since Outland wasnt the most pve oriented server, so we transfered to Tarren-Mill Horde and that was the end of the guild :(.
    I joined Thats Nice afterwards but left again after a month since i didnt have the same passion and they were being completly douchebags. After this is quit the game for some time being.
    When i came back i joined One Word no spaces with a friend of mine from Northern Light, the guild were doing great and i had a really good time there, until they disbanded aswell. After this i got an offer on Twilights Hammer and joined them, i progressed with them for quite a while until i had enough with their terrible raidleading and underperforming players – 20% logs in mythic farm content consistently and then actively gearing those players up even though they were same amount of ilvl than the rest of us, that i couldnt do, had a quite few talks with the GM but he stood his ground and i had to leave since this is not acceptable.
    After this is i tried to make my own guild with a friend of mine, Masterpiece-Kazzak, we got 17/18 players. I got a job in the middle of this which meant that i couldnt recruit as fast as i was used to, people left the guild and it was impossible for me to recruit faster than people left – so i decided to disband it. After this Primal-Defias Brotherhood welcomed me in and i got to raid 1 week with them and then they disbanded aswell.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

Marksmanship Hunters is to keep your vulnerable buff up on the target and then maximising the uptime and delaying aimed shots to deal more dmg. Otherwise its to dumb aimed shots pref 2x in a row so you get the set bonus to optimise dps.
    Opener for hunter is:
    Prepot on 2 > WB on 1.5 > TS immediately after WB (while arrow is flying in the air) > aimed X2 > arcane x3 > aimed X2 > arcane x3 > marked > arcane > aimed X2 > arcane > aimed x2 ( at this point TS has worn off but we still have lust) > arcane up to 90 focus > WB > arcane x2 > aimed x3 > continue with normal rotation.

But hunters is a class that not solely focus on dps, a big part of playing a hunter is to improve the raidgroup with e.g. solo soaks and being able to manouvre a bit around the room.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

To improve i analyse my logs compared to other top hunters to see what we are doing differently and at what point of the fight we are doing it differently. Otherwise i Sim my character with different gearsets to check what is the best dmg output and generally looking at the stats. If i can see that im making some errors i often talk to other top hunters to have a little conversation. As a raider i think its important to always strive to be the best and therefore i think its important to take criticism and not take it personal but to correct your mistakes.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

As a hunter you need to handle a lot of mechanics e.g. solo soaking. Im getting used to do this and prefer its me doing it tbh. Hunters atm. have really good single target dmg and is not bad in AoE either. MM hunters right now are the strongest spec overall, but it has more limited movement than BM has. This means you have to think ahead and place yourself in the right spots and this is what i really like about MM hunters, you have to know the fights in and out which requires dedication and passion!. Hunters vs other ranged dps’ers have more mobility while doing dmg and just in general and have that extra plus with immunity.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

Yes!

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)
    Yes

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Druwd.

Druwd

After speaking with some of your old guild mates – we will decline.

Regards,
    Drowd

Stybax
    Participant

Hey Druwd

can i ask what old guild members you spoke to btw, just out of curiosity? 😛
    And best of luck in your future raiding career

Stybax

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.