Forums Guild Applications [DECLINED] Snéakalot – Sub Rogue

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Druwd 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sneakalot
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

Warren. 25, England

Character Name and BattleTag

Snéakalot-defias Brotherhood, Cloudsong#1872

Class

Rogue

Primary spec

Subtlety at the moment, I would change depending on if this is the best spec overall for the tier.

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/defias-
    brotherhood/sn%C3%A9akalot

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/defias-brotherhood/sn%C3%A9akalot

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

I use a number of addons to begin with I use Elvui, just because helps to make my overall ui more neat and tidy. I use weakauras to track cooldowns, dots, buff uptime, boss mechanics and all the other lovely stuff weakauras provide. I also use DBM for all boss times and mechanics, I also use details to help me evaluate on the fly rather than jumping to logs after pulls, if I could be avoiding some mechanics or taking less damage from some mechanics, along with the damage and healing of cores. In my old guild we used Angry Assignments to help with cool down timing, kick rotations, soaking rotation and so on. I use Pawn and Simulationcraft, to help me with gear and choosing the most optimal gear for the current spec I am playing.
    https://imgur.com/3xqWYZS
    How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?
    I heard about MMM back in NH progress when I was in team 1 of sanity raising you guys to get realm first, after that I always kept an eye on you guys and was saddened when you guys stopped raiding. As you were the only real competition on the realm. After that. I also ran in to irl problems and stoped raiding coming back, I find myself without a raid team you guys were a natural choice for me.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

My last guild was Sanity after coming back, I found they have no room for me, looking on this server to find a new home and found MMM was back up and running and looking for rogues. This was a natural choice for me to get back in to raiding and maybe help you take back that Relm first!
    Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?
    I started raiding all the way back in BC playing mage where I joined a guild on Darkmoon fair called <C O R E> we cleared all current content. Up to Sunwell where we killed Kil’jaeden just after the nerfs.
    Moving on to Wrath of the Lich king, we started off strong with two realm firsts killing Malygos and clearing all of Naxxramas I continued raiding up until trial of the crusader. Were I took a break from raiding playing on and off focusing on more on the pvp side of wow.
    Coming back to raiding at the end of Mist of Pandaria, where I was playing an enhancement shaman this time just finishing off the siege of Orgrimmar before the nerfs
    In warlords of Draenor I started off as an enhancement shaman clearing highmaul apart from Imperator and some of Blackrock foundry, eventually rerolling to rogue to help my current guild out as we needed rogues clearing the rest of the hellfire citadel as rogue. I missed the ending of blackrock and the start of hellfire due to a car crash I was in. 
    Now for current content I started off legion with Sanity clearing all of emerald nightmare, clearing trial of valor later on when night hold was released from there I cleared up to elisande and some progress on Gul’dan before stepping down, from team one for personal reasons joining team two a bit later to start off tomb of Sargeras killing the first three bosses.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

What makes me stand out from the others is my drive to be always improving, fast learning and always willing to do the non dps “shit jobs” IE soaking and so on. My long term, high end raiding experience in wow starting all the way back in BC, always being prepared for a boss fight even though personally I am a more hand on learner, I still like to come prepared and know what the boss is going to do and a good idea of the tactic we are going to be using. Always looking to improve on the tactics we are using and contribute to tactics discussions for current content progress,
    My biggest point that makes me stand out is that damage comes second on a progress boss fight and doing mechanics is much more important “a dead dps does no dps” kind of mentality

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimize your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

I use the rogue discord for updates on things I can’t test myself such as legendaries and so on.
    My main source of self improvement as a rogue is from log’s, this helps me with tracking my damage on a boss fight competing with other rogues, seeing if the other rogues are doing something different to me or I am doing something wrong. Or using other trinkets or legendaries to what I am in that particular fight, seeing and understanding why they are better rather than just seeing what the best rogues using and copy him. So I can better understand for another boss fight where there may not be many logs to copy from so I can always stay ahead of the curve.
    I also use log’s not only to check damage I also use logs to see buff’s and debuff uptime, IE makes sure I’m using finality with every death from above, I’m keeping on top of my nightbalade debuff uptime. I also check my combo point generation trying to keep my wasted combo points to a minimum also making sure I never cap out on energy.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9FRfcXrJxyZwDNQz#fight=22&type=resources&spell=104
    For example, this shows how many combo points I have wasted over a full fight. From this I come to the conclusion that I was wasting combo points mostly from backstab above 5 combo points and getting shadow techniques as well, which is over capping me in turn wasting combo points finding this, I found a weakaura that tracks my auto attacks so I can predict when shadow techniques will proc helping me to better pick to backstab or wait for shadow techniques to proc in turn this helped me reduce the amount of wasted combo points.
    Along with improving on playing my class better I also see how I am doing along with the raid on the current progress boss. Whether I can minimize my damage taken and see if I am taking damage from things I shouldn’t be. IE feintting when soaking Rain of brimstone on goroth and from infernal burning. Making sure I don’t get hit from infernal spikes

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

Rogues are one of the core classes in wow they have always been good, due to the fact that they have nearly always good dps and they can deal with most mechanics in the game thanks to the fact of immunities like cloak of shadows, damage reduction with feint for aoe and can spec into elusiveness for flat damage reduction. For such fights as Tichondrius mythic helping healers deal with carrion plague better, good maneuverability “not a wheelchair class” we can get to soaks fast if someone misses or is dead. And as a last resort a cheat death rogues have been used, though every raid for dealing with mechanics, especially in this raid such as solo soaking rain of brimstone on goroth, cloaking off suffocating dark on demonic inquisition helping the healers focus on healing rather than dispelling and also cloaking moon burn on sisters of the moon, so you don’t have to cross over the line putting more pressure on the healers and across all these fights they have aoe damage you can reduce with feint as well to further help with healing.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

I can use discord and have a working mic, I can be vocal in between wipes if I have something to say to maybe help the progress go smoother or if I don’t understand something I will ask, also maybe help keep the mood up and happy 

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 7:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (8:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)
    Yes

Thought I would end with a joke for you all as thanks for reading my wall of text so here goes.

What do you call a dog with no legs… Anything it won’t come to you!

• This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Druwd.

Druwd

Thanks for the application.

I will ask our current rogues to have a look & will talk to the guys you have raided with before. – Will get back to you ASAP.

Regards,
    Drowd

Druwd

Hi Warren – Apologies for the delay in response to your application.

Unfortunately, after discussion, we have decided that we do not have the space on our roster for a melee who is behind on current gearing & does not have exceptional logs to support their application.

I wish you the best of luck finding a guild,

Regards,

Drowd

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.