Forums Guild Applications [ACCEPTED] Shiennar – Assassination Rogue

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Shiennar 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Shiennar
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

My name is Shiennar, Im turning 28 this year and I live in Norway.

Character Name and BattleTag

My character name is Shiennar, and Im on the server Hellscream at the moment. Not to be confused with rest of my alts having the same name, spread like the wind.

My battletag is: ShiennarXL#2462

Class

Rogue

Primary spec

Assassination

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/hellscream/shiennar

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/hellscream/shiennar

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

Ill do you one better, Ill provide a screenshot, and a recording of one Exiled kills to show how it is in action:
    https://gyazo.com/e20a1301e4f5b6babf58ff054ca0ef0a

My entire UI consists of as few addons as possible while giving me all the information I need to perform.
    Elvui (aesthetics)
    Bigwigs (Warnings and timings for encounters)
    Weakauras2 (Warnings, timers, class related information)
    Exorsus Raid Tools (Raid management and assignments)

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

After changing my status on wowprogress last night, I got a message this early morning, from Jamsam, about your interest in finding a rogue that would mesh well with your team, and to help you go stronger into the next expansion.
    I spent the day researching your guild amongst the others that were interested, however the raid atmosphere from your videos and the way Jamsam responded to all my questions and concerns made it very apparant that you should be the choice I should go ahead with. If this application gets accepted I would like to treat you like my new home.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

Exiled was a guild that I joined two months ago. While it was a guild I had fun in, and that I was able to thrive in, it was not meant to last. This tier, and this expansion has been rough for the most of us when it comes to recruitment and finding able-bodied people to progress with. One after the other the guilds I have joined has fallen apart whether it be officers that become unmotivated or not being able to recruit to replace leavers. In this particular case the officers woke up to the guild being locked down by the Guildmaster who then vanished from the face of the earth. So instead of waiting for him to return, the officers declared the guild dead, and here I am.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

One of my personal goals is to clear content before the next batch of content is rolled out. This means I will strive to raid and perform until a Cutting Edge is lined up in the collection of edges. Throughout ‘recent’ history the only Cutting Edges that I have not been able to get has been Helya and Gul’dan.

Guilds that I have been in spans from the less known guilds, to powerhouses like Nihilum, Vanguard and Inner Sanctum. Although it is important to note that I until Emerald Nightmare patch played a warlock, where I now play a Rogue and sticking to that decision.

I have in older times had the role as raid leader and officer in several guilds. When raid leading was my passion, I brought a weekly social raid into fruition where the goal was to clear all 10 man content during Wrath and getting all of the achievements neccessary to get Glory of the Raider in the different raids, to much success as we were one of the first ones to sport our Plagued Protodrakes.

In more recent times I was a officer in Ascension where to tried to have a raid team step up to take a more serious approach to raiding, where we managed to get Cutting Edge for Xavius before recruitment problems were taking its toll on the team.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

I play my rogue, aiming to be the best. However that does not separate me from the regular joe. I make challenges for myself when I face a new encounter, attempt to find ways to maximise my uptimes, how I can use my tools to take the least amount of damage, how I can time and use my tools to make the most out of myself. As a rogue, its a tough requirement with the amount of diverse legendaries and a diverse toolkit can play into decisions leading into a fight.

Establishing a timeline of the fight is incredibly important, knowing how long the kill should take and knowing adds or times where you need burst can affect the way you play. Recognizing that timeline and using it to your advantage is what has had me be a successful rogue from the point in Emerald Nightmare where I learned from nothing.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

Im a regular on the Ravenholdt discord, where I hang out during my day at work. This not only lets me connect with other rogues and learn of their hardships from bosses I may not even have seen yet. But I get to stay up to date on small tips that can make me excel at my class, getting that underhanded information that has not been made completely public just yet.

A recent example would be way the talent Nightstalker was having an unintended synergy with Deadly Poison. The talent increased the damage of Deadly Poison by 50% for the entire fight, which was a bug that was fixed within three days by Blizzard, yet enough time had passed that I had been able to use it for several raids already.

At the same time, as many might know of, there was a build that relied on using Fan of Knives as your combo point builder instead of mutilate. The unintended effect being that Fan of Knife was not only so strong on singletarget, but that the damage gained by poisons casting Fan of Knives was through the roof on multitarget fights like AOC and Eonar.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

My strength compared to many other classes, especially among the melee is that we are tough to kill. We have a toolkit that can have us ignore mechanics completely (for example Searing Tempest on aggramar) or flatout reduce the damage we receive from incoming spells (Rage on Argus) or in terms of soaking mechanics (Touch of Sargeras on fallen avatar). Assassination especially has this strength as we can use Crimson Vial as a survivability cooldown.

Being able to survive through what many cannot, we also have the perk of having a strong execute phase, provided by our legendary bracers, adding a flat 30% increase to our poisons and bleeds when the boss is under 30%.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

I can use discord, I do have a mic – I wont say Im vocal in terms of filling the air with unneccesary chatter, but I will give firm instructions if need be during an encounter.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yes.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Druwd.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Korogg.

JamSam

Hi Shiennar,

I’ve got a question based on time with Nihilum, Vanguard and Inner Sanctum. At which point did you raid with these guilds as all of them are notable names in the raiding community.

Thank you, Jamsam.

Druwd

Hi – Thanks for the application.

My question is regarding spec.
    Have you got any experience playing Sub – would you play sub if it was the best spec in BFA? or if it got buffed tomorrow?

We will give you a final decision tomorrow.

Regards,
    Drowd

Shiennar
    Participant

Hello,
    Nihilum and Inner Sanctum were brief visits. Nihilum did not have the leadership qualities that me and many others joining from Style were looking for. This was when Mogushan Vaults was the newest raid out where we progressed Four Kings normal, I believe. After our brief session in Nihilum I contacted a friend I had in Inner Sanctum to get offered a trial spot with them, where they were working on Heart of Fear. Due to unforeseen circumstances Inner Sanctum was at the time where they decided to cut back from 25man raiding and rather focus on 10-man content. As the fifth lock and the most undergeared they had no reason to let me stay. Although previous officer Tackalb and guildmaster Rmtree will verify this.
    Vanguard was the next guild I was picked up by, and they are by far the most enjoyable people I have had pleasure raiding with. We started out with the entry level bosses of Heart of Fear when I joined, and I was a raider with them through Mists, into Warlords of Draenor all the way up until they were starting progress on Xhulhorac Mythic. This can both be verified by recordings on my youtube channel, or checking my wowtrack.org profile if there are any questions regarding length of time spent in the different guilds.

Shiennar
    Participant

Hello Drowd.
    In terms of your questions regarding sub, I have little experience playing its current iteration. I have experience with BRF combat and assassination through several iterations. But after rerolling to rogue I have had little reason to check out sub, whether it be a lack of legendaries at the time or not having the 75 artifact level of that particular weapon.
    I will play whatever is best in BFA, no questions asked. And while although unlikely, if Sub was buffed tomorrow I would have to see the effects of said buff before I made a final decision. Being that assassination is the spec I am the most familiar with, I would argue I would be a better assassination rogue unless the buff to sub was grossly overtuned.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.