Forums Guild Applications [DECLINED] Reikas – Druid /Healer/Tank

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Druwd 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Re
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from
    Edwin, 22 I was born in Spain but i live in Norway

Character Name and BattleTag
    Aðalbjörg – Entwin#21447

Class
    Tank druid though im applying for healing spot (either priest or druid)

Primary spec
    Guardian / Restoration

Link to your Armory profile
    https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/dun-modr/A%C3%B0albj%C3%B6rg -> Druid

https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/kazzak/Re%C3%AEkas -> Priest (still gearing it)

Warcraft Logs or Similar
    Aight, here you have all of them:
    Druid tank / healer: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/31175706/17#
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/23126530/11/#metric=hps&bracket=-1 (Back in NH)

Priest: (with the priest i have only the HCs and WoD (when it was my main)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/27527211/17#metric=hps&bracket=-1

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9830133/8/#metric=hps (HFC Mythic)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9830133/7/#metric=hps (BRF Mythic)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/6815908/6/#metric=hps (Highmaul)

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)
    I use a pretty “standard” ui, including BW / WA / TellMeWhen / ElvUI / RSDW for restoration and Omen for tank
    https://puu.sh/zLKfm/34df07090c.jpg

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?
    Saw your recruiting post at wowprogress and I liked what i saw, then i contacted Warmad and we spoke about it, that made me decide to apply with your guild.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?
    Well, we made this guild with some <“friends”> and I just dont like the way they are focusing the guild nor the way they have to treat its raiders and i dont feel we really connected.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

Well, i’m going to start from the bottom of the question. Yes i have some experience in “ledaership positions” we could say. I’ve been raiding as MT so it was my job to figure out almost everything of an encounter with my teammates and decide the way we’d use our CDS on certain parts of the fight or sorting mechanics with the RL and healing team. To find this out we’d prepare the boss by checking videos, guides and most important, logs. I do ask to other MTs from top guilds for advice.

As for when i was healer, I wasn’t in charge but we would always speak between us and the RL to figure out when to use our cds in the most effective way.

For raid experience, I began raiding at the end of Cataclysm and as a serious raider at MoP release. For HoF / ToEN / MSV / ToT / SoO we cleared everything on Heroic and HC HM ToEN 1st boss.

At the end of SoO i started healingwith my priest in an alter guild and found i loved healing (i was dps) and so we managed to clear 6/7 on HM. After that i was recruited by Security where we cleared 10/10 M BRF and 13/13 HFC M. I stayed there until half 2016. Due to IRL problems i had to move & do some stuff and had to take a break until 2017.

Legion experience:
    After the comeback i was playing as a casual with my druid and achieved 10/10 M NH with my lock at the same guild i was back in MoP there we did up to 8/9 ToS and there i took a small break where i decided to try luck as tank. Then we made this guild and for antorus we cleared 10/11 M.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others
    As tank it is my responsability to have the boss in the right place without making my healers worry about my HP nor the dps to get cleaved by the boss.

To do that the main thing i have to do is spam Thrash x 9999 to build charges which give me a 2% dmg reduction from my rend&tear talent (which i can increase by using the legendary legs) and building rage to spend on ironfur (Always must have multiple stacks up to minimize the dmg taken from physical dmg) cast moonfire w/ Galactic guardian talent and mangle to generate rage. For high spike damage bosses, the way to use druid is with bristling fur which is the strongest ability to generate rage thus generating ironfur which increases directly my received physical dmg reduction. For higher dmg like 3rd-4th scythe then i use either flat dmg reduction cds or smoldering titanguard. (The CDS are barkskin / Survival instincts / rage of the sleeper

For health regeneration after i get hit by something i use a WA which tells the health % i will recover with frenzied so i optimize my survival chances.

As for healer when im playing disc / restoration i play thinking in the future, watching timers and preparing raid damage starting to use plea / PW: shield + Radiance and then penance(or lights wrath) to heal the raid or pre-hot the raid with rejus/germinations while timing the spike with my WG. I always keep a minimum of atonements with my priest up (and tanks will have it always up) and rejuvenation /germination and lifebloom on tanks (and cenarion ward on the tank that will get hit by something) and using the cds as we have planned with to top up the raid.How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)
    Im a PHAT panzer which can tank big physical hit without breaking a sweat or give a roar to the raid. Druids are stupidly strong this tier for almost everything, they can tank big physical hits, assist the raid with ccs and a pretty decent auto heal (not quite like dks though 🙁

The strongest part of the disc is the reactive healing it has even tho we have to have it well timed and prepared (including our shields) and high mobility we have. Our DMG reduction with pain sup (and raid bubble) it is superb although it has a rather long cooldown, compared to other healers well played could be one the best healers at the moment.

For the resto druid his versatility is the strongest quality. Compared to other healers we can soak higher damage thanks to our affinities (usingbear form & frenzied) and our healing output is really high with ghanir/velen and tranquility. We have high mobility (Blink plus movement increase from forms) and we look super cool.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

Yes, of course

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yes

• This topic was modified 3 months ago by  Druwd.

Re
    Participant

For this question
    How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

I use youtube to check videos, ask MTs/Healers from other guilds with more progression, discord channels and i check logs form recent and old kills.

Nightwing
    Participant

Hi Edwin, Apply looks good, i have a few questions about the tanking part:

1. Have you ever tanked Mythic content fresh into a tier?

Tanking gets easier and more layed back over time as tanks/healers progress in gear. trinket choices become trivial, talents become less important.

Don’t get me wrong, a tanks priority is to survive, but in early content some bosses require dps, especially when the group is still ”low geared” having tanks that can optimize defense and offense and help out by pushing extra numbers can be a crucial improvement to the raid team. i see you got your Legs around the 21st of february, which means you’re doing the ST setup cloak+legs atm and ranks are improving, but would you also be able to sustain yourself doing that with 10-15 ilvls less?

2. What are your priorities rotation wise?

Spam thrash is always the easy answer for playing guardian, there are however priorities midfight that can change your raw rage gain and improve sustaining yourself, picture this for me:

You just taunted a boss. Damage income is low, nothing else is going on, you’re sitting at 50 rage. mangle has a proc, GG has a proc, thrash is just about to come off cooldown.

What would your rotation be?

3. Would you optimize yourself for every fight?

You say you prepared fights and talk with other MT’s for preparations of your own. Yet i can’t help but notice some of your talent choices are awkward.

On Immonar you never take Feral Affinity for instance, which comes off to me as weird, you even used the chest on 2 of your attempts which would have boosted your movement speed significantly, making the bridge alot more smoother.
    On Varimathras you go for Restoration Affinity, which misses the mark half of the time because of the 0% healing debuff from shadow strike, Balance Affinity and being able to thrash the adds, helping the dps effectively, would make much more sense from my point of view. (surely you guys wipes at least a couple of times due to adds getting a cast off with 1-3M hp left.)

Don’t get the wrong idea, you’re rage gains are Good, you squeeze in Mauls here and there at the right time, you waste little to no rage every fight and your damage taken is fine.
    I’m not flaming in any way! you’re tanking is good.

Just want to see if some of your choices different because you feel this is best, or because it’s ”late-tier” so it doesn’t matter all too much and you’d have a way different view on things in a fresh tier. 🙂

(don’t think we’re recruiting for the tank position atm, but you never know what the future hold ofcourse, hence the questions.)

Nightwing

Re
    Participant

Hey Nightwing!

1.- Yes, this was the first Mythic raid i’ve been raiding as tank, we made the guild a bit late but we were undergeared. Until we were geared i was using usually legendary chest (which gives me thick hide damage reduction boost) + Soul of the archdruid so i could be perma 2 ironfur always switching sometimes to Archimonde’s Hatred in some bosses. For bosses like imonar i used skysec’s hold for the raw healing increase for bridges. The only boss that on progression i had a more “dps build” was on High antoran / Eonar which i used Luffas / Chest so i could reach all the adds without complications. Once the raid was more geared i switched to cloak / legs because we were overgeared and to do more dps/healing.

2.-For that situation where i just taunted the boss, it would depend on the range of the boss. If it is like Argus where he’s on range i would use the Taunt / moonfire followed by mangle (with proc) and then thrash (if it has already 3 stacks (so i have room to get another procs from GG and Mangle. If its on melee and I need to gain aggro quick i would apply : Mangle > Thrash (if it is out of cd) > Moonfire > Mangle (if it is out of cd) / Maul to optimize the aggro generation.

3.-Yes, i know my talent choices sometimes seem awkward. For imonar i was using the chest because healers were having trouble with the Sever debuff when we soak 3-4 bombs. I use balance affinity just because for the 1st bridge we chain roars and when we are at boss i use skull bash to charge (And interrupt if someone else didnt) as for the bridges that i have to cleare, i get a bop then i use warlock portal and skystep potion and once in the boss i die with shaman totem so i clear all my stacks and reset potions. If i survive then for the 2nd bridge clear i use bop + portal + dash and i clear it in 6-7s. Being able to charge at the boss with balance + chest it helped a lot to avoid the boss from getting more charges since we tanks were always the 1st ones reaching the boss.
    For varimathras we were having some issues at we tanks were cleaved being at 60% lot of times, so i was using resto affinity instead to boost my healing + the frenzieds before cleave. Those were the most comfortable options for me at least.

Well, i’d love to heal (priest/restoration) so tanking thing would be an add up!! x)

Reikas.

Nightwing
    Participant

Thanks for the clear response, nothing else to add.
    makes sense to me. Good Luck with your application!

Druwd

Hi Re,

Thanks for the application.

Normally we would accept – as you are obviously very capable.

Unfortunately we do not have a spot for either a tank or a healer on our roster – therefore we will have to decline.

Best of luck

Regards,
    Drowd

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.