Forums Guild Applications [ACCEPTED] Raenah – Restoration Shaman

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Druwd 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Raenah
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

Jeannet, 18, I’m from the Netherlands.

Character Name and BattleTag

Raenah-TwistingNether, Jeannet#2249

Class

Shaman

Primary spec

Restoration

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/raenah

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/raenah
    (The big difference in hps on mistress is me being the ‘backup/5th’ healer)

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

I use blizzard raid frames – yes I know. I haven’t felt the need to use another one on a shaman.
    – Angry assignments
    – ERT for healer cooldown tracking
    – Vocal raid assistant, calls out cooldowns on tanks and raid cooldowns
    – DBM
    – Details
    – Weakauras, lots of weakauras
    – LUI

Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/74a4b33a2c70ada300ce2eba646da5dc

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

I found your guild on wowprogress. I’m applying because of my current guild, which fell apart. But I wanted to find something better, not necessarily in world ranks but in dedication: there were several raiders that just did not care about progress at all. I prefer trying to kill something new rather than to improve my ranking on farm.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

My last guild started out fine, the progress was there, the people were there. That was, until we reached the first ‘hard’ boss in Tomb, mistress. Then people slowly started leaving and only showing up for farm. I prefer a guild that really strives to get better. That includes good leadership, a thing my last guild lacked a bit.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

I’ve started raiding when I was young, having a few normal kills in MoP. I’ve fully cleared SoO in flex mode, pugging, with a few normal kills.

I started raiding seriously in BRF, clearing 10/10 HC. Making my way up guild and skillwise. I don’t remember the guild but it was very casual. This is where I rerolled from resto druid to shaman.
    Cleared 13/13 mythic HFC pre-nerf in a fully Dutch guild, Century Gaming. After this we merged with another Dutch guild to stay alive after our raid leader quit, forming a guild called Outlawz.
    Cleared 7/7 mythic EN before 7.1 in Outlawz before it fell apart.

I then joined a much higher ranking guild, Revelations. I cleared 2/3 mythic ToV before NH and 6/10 mythic NH with them. I left them because they had a raidleader that was yelling for no reason at everybody. He used tactics that didn’t work but he wouldn’t take any suggestions from others. I didn’t enjoy raiding there at all.

I joined a guild a bit more casual, Burned Out, which was 4/10 mythic. It was a nice guild but after clearing 6/10 with them too, it was clear that the guild was dying. They stopped raiding there.

My last guild, Tilt Squad, was 8/10 mythic when I joined them. With them I cleared 10/10 in time to get cutting edge, and now 7/9.

I have been healing officer in EN, calling out mostly. From krosus on I mainly did the writing. That was the first boss that actually needed planning of cooldowns. I did the cooldowns until I joined Tilt Squad, which had higher progress so they already had their own assignments. In Tomb I made assignments for every boss as well, often together with our disc priest cause disc has a shitton of cooldowns and wanted a say in it.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

I’ve been playing resto shaman since BRF, so I’ve gotten used to all the ‘plays’ a resto shaman can do in fights. I like to pick talents that might not always be the best option hps wise, but that will get us through a specific point. For instance speccing ancestral protection totem for a free ress or ascendance for an extra cooldown in exchange for consistent healing. I try to get to know the style of my co-healers quickly to play into what they don’t already do, to ‘complete’ the healing team.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

After raids I usually take half an hour to look at the logs. This means analyzing why people died on good tries. I look at the mana management of myself and other healers to see if I should be doing more or less. I use two links to help me analyze my logs. https://wowanalyzer.com/ and https://ykiigor.github.io/Resto-Analyzer/public/?

I try to stay updated on all healing classes so I know what’s going on, and for helpful tips and tricks. I also try to have all healer classes at max level to get a feel for them and for fun. Currently I have everything but monk.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

The strength of a resto shaman is and will always be these 2 things: their ability to push through in hps in dire situations (mastery) and spirit link totem.

So here’s my essay on why spirit link is so amazing! It has many many uses. It can save a tank that’s getting hammered. It can heal someone who has a healing reduction (for instance with necrotic or on fallen avatar). It can quickly equal out the hp of the raid to survive a big hit. It has the 10% dmg reduction which isn’t a lot, but can mean the difference between dying and staying alive. And then there’s the spirit link darkness combo which is just broken imo, but really nice either way 🙂

Shamans are quite good in bursthealing. We don’t have as much burst opportunities as disc, but with just one talent shift you can have 2 spotworthy healing cooldowns in just 3 minutes. Combining ancestral guidance and ascendance (+cloudburst) can be crazy strong.

Another strength of the resto shaman is stacked healing. With current tier bonusses and traits, they really want shamans to be good when the raid is all stacked up. This also means that as soon as targets are out of ‘chain heal range’ or they are constantly moving out of healing rains, shamans become kinda bad.

Spothealing is another weakness of the resto shaman. You have to talent into it by taking crashing waves and/or echo of the elements, just to be decent at it. Doing this will cause you to lose free healing in the form of cloudburst totem and burst potential by losing the ancestral guidance with cloudburst combo.

And not to forget, shamans bring a short cooldown ranged interrupt, an offensive dispel and an aoe stun, which can be helpful at times.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

I have discord, and a mic, and I can call stuff out when it’s needed.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 7:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (8:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yes.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Druwd.

Druwd

Hi Raenah – thanks for making this application.

We had a good chat with you on Thursday evening & I look forward to raiding with you.

Resto shaman is a very important spot in our roster & we are confident you will help us progress as a guild going forward.

Also – pre planning & organising healing cooldowns/external CDs is a big area we can improve as a raid team – hopefully you can contribute to that!

Drowd

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Druwd.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.