Forums Guild Applications [ACCEPTED] Qkoo – BM/MM Hunter

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Druwd 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Qkoo
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

My name is Daan Rijmenants.
    I am 25 years old.
    I live in Belgium.

Character Name and BattleTag

Qkoo
    QQDC#21603

Class

Hunter

Primary spec

BM at this time.
    Can/will change in Antorus to MM, depending on the best specc.

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/frostmane/qkoo

Warcraft Logs or Similar

ToS:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/frostmane/qkoo

NH:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11997197/11/

EN:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11997197/10/

Second half of Nighthold I switched to Guardian for the guild.
    I am including these for some bit of extra information on what I’ve been up to in the mean time.
    Tos:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/19233320/13#metric=dps

NH:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/19233320/11/

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

DBM, ElvUI, WA, ExorsusRT, Pawn, Details, GTFO and a bunch that aren’t relevant to raiding mostly.

https://imgur.com/a/l4Vkg
    Screenshots from a dummy. LFR ques wouldn’t pop. I can post one later in a raid enviroment if you want.

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

My guild disbanded earlier this week. Nightwing immediately contacted me that you guys were looking for a hunter.
    He made the switch to your guild some time ago and he keeps telling positive things about his new raid team. Over the last week I asked and gained a lot of info about you guys through him.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

It’s not really a choice between two between two since we sadly disbanded :p
    I really wanted to push for mythic clears again since ‘Outlawz’ disbanded in EN.
    Due to several reasons, which I will explain in the next question, I chose for friends over progress.
    Ideally I wanted to progress Mythic at a steady pace much faster again. But I couldn’t just leave them behind and die out.

Why am I choosing you guys:
    I know two people really well in your guild. Which is an obvious reason.
    Since Nightwing joined I only heard good things about his new guild.
    After speaking with him initially earlier this week, and the rest of the week, I gained a lot of information about you. I needed to sort out a lot of things over the past week and had to think about everything. I know this is the kind of guild I want to be in again. To progress Mythic at a steady pace alongside people with the same mind-set. To find a new home basically.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

Started playing at the very end of Vanilla.
    During MoP I played a lot on Vanilla private servers and cleared everything except the last half of Naxxramas.

TBC
    Karazhan
    Zul’Aman

WotlK
    Naxxramas 10 and 25
    Ulduar 10 and 25 (Just a couple Hard Modes)
    I didn’t raid in ToC
    ICC 10 and most of 25 HC, but that was a the and of the expansion.

Cataclysm
    I didn’t really raid the first tier and came back to raiding at the end of Firelands.
    Dragon Soul 25 HC, last 2 when they weren’t really relevant anymore.

MoP
    I mostly played on Vanilla private servers as stated above.
    In SoO I came back in the last patch and cleared normal + most of the heroic bosses in the end.

WoD
    I joined a Dutch guild named ‘Slash Care’.
    Highmaul 2/7M
    BRF 10/10 HC
    I stayed with them until we cleared HFC on Heroic. At that point their progress for the expansion was over since they were a Heroic guild.

With 3 of my guild-mates I made the transfer to Frostmane to join ‘Dude where’s my mount’, where I met ‘Nightwing’. Wwe cleared 12/13M and disbanded shorlty after due to roster issues.
    I ended the expansion in ‘Santa Maria’ on Kazzak where I killed Archimonde in the end too.

Legion
    At the start of Legion the idea came to merge the players of ‘Dude where’s my mount’ and ‘Century Gaming’. Century Gaming was the best Dutch guild at the time, but had some roster issues. The merge happened as a solution so that all players could still raid in a Dutch team and push for Mythic. We raided under a new name called ‘Outlawz’ on Frostmane. Nightwing was my guild master and raidleader there. This is where I met Raenah too. I loved this guild, but as often happens a merge doesn’t come without problems. The lead did everything they could to make it work, but in the end the members of both teams couldn’t see eye to eye. We ended at 6/7M in Emerald Nightmare.

I joined ‘Dude where’s my mount’ again. There was a group called ‘Partycrashers’ which consisted of mostly Belgian players. They were a casual Heroic guild for the most part. I helped them out for a bit. In the mean time I could look for another home to start serious raiding again. In the end I really started loving these guys and raiding there was a blast. It brought a lot of the fun in WoW again for me, which was a bit missing before. Because they only raided 2 days/week I also joined a Mythic guild on Frostmane called ‘Limited Edition’. They also raided 2 days/week and because of that I could easily combine the fun I had with PC and the more progress oriented side in LE.

I cleared 4/10M at the start of NH with LE. I liked raiding there, but I never felt a click with the group. ‘Partycrashers’ in the mean time had tank and RL problems. I switched full time to PC and became tank/RL. I did this because I fell in love with the group and I really felt these guys deserved to keep going. At that point I valued friends over progress, which I don’t regret for one bit.
    I took over the group full time at that point.
    We cleared 7/10M in the end.

ToS had a slow start but eventually we started rolling. People were feeling the burn-out of Legion in ToS. We had a really large roster going into ToS, but in the last month we ended up with around 25 players. The attendance of most players wasn’t great, but it never was a problem because we were a casual guild. But due to the decline in roster, we couldn’t raid mythic properly anymore. We cleared 4/9M and had around 10 tries on Desolate Host with the best at 25%.
    The officers and myself tried everything to try and find solutions for the glaring issues. The last chance was to try a merge with another Dutch guild that had stopped raiding. Last week we got confirmation that it wasn’t going to happen, and we sadly had to disband the team with around 20 players to find a new guild.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

I am extremely focused (no hunter pun, I promise) when I raid. I know what I have to do and know what my responsibilities are. I am not afraid to have responsibilites in a fight, which is also one of the reasons I main a hunter the last few years. I can adapt quickly when tactics get changed, also due to the nature of the class. I believe I always had a lot of awareness, but with my recent raidleading that increased even more.
    Besides that I will always play the best specc available and go the extra mile to find out everything about my class.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

Most knowledge of the class comes from a variety of sources.
    Icy Veins: In Legion written by Azortharion. I follow his MMO-Champion guide for years now. Probably the most up-to-date guide on Icy Veins these days.
    I follow everything in the hunter Discord, where most of the things are written again by Azortharion. If I need extra info I ask questions there or ask a top hunter on the server.
    Next to that is using Simcraft really important in Legion because we have so much gear to our disposal and you don’t have BiS-lists anymore.
    Besides all that is progressing and doing fights. Knowing all the ins and out of them and improving along the way. Analyzing your logs and finding out what you could have done better.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

BM hunters have insane mobility, and even MM has more than average. Due to this it’s much easier to adapt to things happening in a fight. Another great strength is that you can have more ‘bitch duties’ in the raid due to that movement. We have great tools for handling all kinds of things, sadly we had more in the past. We are great immunity soakers, which ToS required a lot. And due to the ease of play, you have more awareness in a fight than most and can adapt quicker.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

Yes. I am vocal when needed.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yes, always.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Druwd.

Nightwing
    Participant

I know he is below the average progress/gear of people that usually get accepted..

I would like to ask the officers to see past that, this is one of the best players i have met over the years and i would stick my neck out for him again and again, whenever, where ever.

Reliable, good preparation of tactics, adapting quickly to uncommon situations, good understanding of mechanics, and a very good hunter in general. although behind on current progress, i’d like to say i’m very confident he would be a really good asset starting a new tier and progressing evenly with everyone else.

Officers decision ofc, but i just wanted to give my 2 cents 🙂

P.s. (glad those weren’t intended hunter puns.. those would have been unbearable..)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Nightwing.

Druwd

Thanks for the application – We will get back to you as soon as possible!

Regards,
    Drowd

Qkoo
    Participant

Ok, thank you 🙂

Druwd

Excellent recommendation from Nightwing.

You are accepted for a trial raid spot.

Whisper any officer once you are online.

Welcome.

Regards,

Drowd

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.