Forums Guild Applications [ACCEPTED] Nightwing – Guardian Druid

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Druwd 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Nightwing
    Participant

Application Form
    Name, Age and where you’re from

Mitch, 25, from the Netherlands.

Character Name and BattleTag

Nightwîng, Boom#2375.

Class

Druid.

Primary spec

Guardian.

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/nightw%C3%AEng

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/nightw%C3%AEng

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

Exorsus Raid Tools, Elvui, DBM, Details, Weakaura’s, Angry Assignments. Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/ae2c878dbb94333a73200563ae82780c

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

Found the guild through wowprogress. Applying because my current guild is not satisfying enough.
    The world rank is around what i was looking for, the days, times and faction are perfect and it’s hard to dodge such an magnificent name.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

My last guild was <Tilt Squad> on Twisting Nether, reason for leaving them is because my goals just don’t match with the guilds, not everyone is trying to achieve the same.
    Some people just want to have fun, and not put much effort into progression/attendance where some are trying to achieve Cutting Edge in the most efficient way.
    I consider myself one of the latter, and feel that i’m better off somewhere else.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

I have been tanking since the beginning of my Gaming history, something draws me to it. all the raids and experiences i write below have always been done in Tank-spec, Warrior untill WOTLK, Guardian druid from there.

Started playing back in late Vanilla about 11-12 years ago, a Real Life friend hooked me up with a guild he was currently in. They were located on Ghostlands, called ”The Mercenaries” in TBC, nameswitched to ”No Quarter” in WOTLK.
    These guys pretty much taught me everything about raiding and about the in-depth gameplay.

TBC:
    Karazhan Cleared.
    Gruul’s Lair Cleared.
    Magtheridon’s Lair Cleared.
    Serpentshrine Caverns up to Morogrim.
    Black Temple up to Mother Shahraz.
    Sunwell up to Twins.

Missed out on The Eye and Hyjal, i was around 12-13 y/o at the time, so my skills weren’t exactly on par with the ”older” guys, so they moved me to the side a bit until i was more understanding of mechanics.

WOTLK:

Vault of Archavon Cleared.
    Naxxramas 10/25 Cleared.
    Eye of Eternity 10/25 Cleared.
    Ulduar up to Freya with Hard-Modes.
    Trial of the Crusader, 10/25 cleared, this is also where i started raidleading for myself in the weekend alt-runs.
    Onyxia 10/25 Cleared.

Did some of ICC but nothing noteworthy, i took a break from there and went mostly casual up to Mists of pandaria, giving school the higher priority only played casual a bit.
    Only pugged here and there, nothing to special, few heroics in Cataclysm.

MOP:

Came back in the middle of Throne of Thunder, joined a dutch casual guild ”Dude where is my mount” on Frostmane.
    Siege of Ogrimmar 10 and 25-man heroic (pre-mythic) Cutting Edge in both difficulties.
    Because we cleared SOO pretty early, we all took breaks, since the expansion was burning alot of us out alot.
    Since then, the ”dutch raiding scene” dropped alot in world ranks, and recruiting became very hard.

Warlords of Draenor:

I tried to set-up a raidgroup again with a circle of friends.
    Raided Dutch-only with ups and downs of progress, mostly due to recruitment.

Highmaul 4/7 Mythic.
    Blackrock Foundry 8/10 Mythic.
    Hellfire Citadel 13/13 Mythic (pre-nerf).

During the time of HFC me and my closest friends from my raid team joined ”Century Gaming” on Tarren Mill, a Dutch guild that was on par with our progress.
    We figured it would be best to let them ”absorb” us to get the best players possible into one dutch team, to improve recruitment and rankings.
    Shortly after joining, the guild fell apart due to the GM quitting, my character always somehow gets me in a ”leader” position, over the years i have build up alot of experience with people,
    and have gathered alot of experience in how a raid group should perform and should work, the officer team besides the GM was pretty ”weak” with nobody to take the lead in the most dire situation,
    I got appointed pretty quickly as the guy that had to takeover, the people had a strong connection with eachother and i hated to see them fall apart cause of poor leadership.
    So i took the matter into my own hands, and transferred them all to my ”homeserver” Frostmane, where i started my own guild, consisting of the remaining players of Century Gaming, and my own Raidteam from Dude.
    This was about 2 weeks before Legion launched.

Legion:

Emerald Nightmare 7/7 Mythic

We joined Revelations on Twisting Nether, where we ended up in a spiral of unfortunate happenings.

Trial of Valor 2/3 Mythic (before nighthold) 3/3M after launch.
    Nighthold 6/10 Mythic.

Although Revelations was a good and progressive guild, toxic behaviour and bad habits made me and Raenah leave and we joined Burned Out, a guild that fell apart about 2-4 weeks after we joined,
    Appearently the guild was slowly bleeding out, which we did not know anything about until we joined.
    After that we joined Tilt Squad. a guild that was at the beginning pretty decent, made it all the way to the end in Nighthold 10/10 after the first Gul’dan Nerf.

Tomb of Sargeras 7/9 Mythic.

Unfortunately, we lost sort of ”the core” of the raidteam on Mistress progresss, in about 200-250 wipes, we lost 7 very good players, and our roster dropped from 27 to 20 people.
    Currently the guild is filling up with anything they can get, leading to alot of unexperienced players, also, people are making a habit of showing up on wednesdays for farm, then slacking off without any notification for the progress days.
    People just come and go as they please, hanging everyone out to dry. This is the reason for my leaving.

Maybe a long story to take in, but this is basically my whole ”WoW-career” I have been in leading positions, be it Guild Master/Raidleader or even officer for that matter.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

I play my class without having to think about it, everything just feels natural. Over the years i have gathered so much experience, that i can adapt quickly and efficient to tactics of fights, or changes to my class.
    I know my role, know what responsibilities come with it, and what is expected of me.
    Besides Guardian, i always have 2-3 Active tanking alts, always on par with gear, just in case my class gets nerfed to the ground, or if the Raidgroup is in need of another Class besides Guardian.
    However, besides all these things, i think the best strength in tanking, comes from both tanks knowing eachothers playstyle, and discussing an encounter and sharing thoughts about what can make things better/easier.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

I improve by gameplay, i have never been overly fond of things like SimCraft being a tank, because many times i find it unreliable. I use it, but i never accept it without testing.
    For instance, if i have a trinket, that sims really high, i would rather run it in-game, testing it in pugs or Mythic +, and compare it with the results of my previous chosen setup.
    Rather test things on my own, instead of just trusting the numbers and go with it.
    I also keep in check with the Guardian Discord, discussing with other tanks i have met over the years about their choices and experiences.
    I don’t follow a straight line guide like icy veins, or simming something and just equip what comes out as the best.
    Check what other people are using, and see if i like it, and choose the best option for my own playstyle.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

Defensive:
    I think the guardian druid finds it’s strength mostly in the Physical defense, it is so high, most of the time, active mitigation alone is more than enough to cover the physical blows in raid encounters.
    with the removal of MoU, our magic defense has been weakened.
    However the strong point of guardian, is it’s many cooldowns on demand, when playing the right build, the amount of defense that can be gained is incredibly high.
    And seeming physical defense is so high only by active mitigation, encounters that have certain big hits of magical damage, can be easily mitigated by the strong cooldowns available.
    I cannot think of a pure weakness or flaw within the guardian package, though i cannot deny that a Monk/DK/DH is just way better at taking a sustained amount of Magical damage.

Offense:

At the moment Guardian has 2 builds, the ”Thrash” or the ”Arcane”
    I play the Thrash Build together with Incarnation, which gives a very high AoE burst potential over a window of 30 seconds.
    The Arcane build is a more sustained damage build, with excellent cleave potential. and a smaller window of AoE, but still a big burst.
    Single Target Guardian is in a good lane with the other tanks, most tanks that pull a bit more on Single target, tend to fall behind during AoE.
    Overall i think the Guardians damage is more than enough, and allthough my rankings are pretty high and usually in ”DPS” build,
    i’d like to clarify that it doesn’t mean i have the mentality of ”make moar thrash is best” when progressing in early stages of a new tier, i will always consult with healers about incoming damage,
    and swap gear/talents accordingly to whatever gets the kill. i cannot deny that i like rankings, but progress will always be my top priority, i believe a tank should be on the same level with his healers/co-tank.
    And work to make things easier for the group, asking simple questions as, do we need more dps? or do we need more rest for healers instead of stressing on tanks in a hard encounter? And play according to that.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

Yes, yes, I consider myself pretty vocal, maybe a bit to much at times, if i’m honest.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 7:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (8:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Simply said, Yes.

• This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  Druwd.

Druwd

Hi – thanks for making this application.

We had a good discussion with you on Thursday evening & are very happy to offer you a trial raider spot in the guild.

I look forward to raiding with you.

Drowd

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.