Forums Guild Applications [ACCEPTED] Myw – (Demon)Hunter (BM)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Druwd 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Myw
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

My name is Matt, i’m 26 years old, and I currently live in Berlin, Germany. I am originally from the UK, but grew up in France and now living in Germany for work reasons.

Character Name and BattleTag:
    My battletag is Mew#2879

Currently my main character is called Buffdh. As this is a special kind of application, my other characters which I am able to raid on are:
    Hunter: Tøxíçhùñtêr
    Rogue: Tøxìçpláÿêr
    Priest: Mewpriest

Class
    The character I’ve been maining all through Legion was a demon hunter. As there is no current spot for demon hunter or rogue, I would be applying as Hunter. But am willing to play pretty much any class you would like.

Primary spec
    Beast Mastery but I’m currently farming/leveling up my Marksman weapon and spec as that will be most likely more efficient in the upcoming tier. But both will be prepared for that.

For the demon hunter it is Havoc, and for the Rogue Subtlety.

Link to your Armory profile
    DH:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/kazzak/Buffdh/
    Hunter: http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/khadgar/T%C3%B8x%C3%AD%C3%A7h%C3%B9%C3%B1t%C3%AAr/
    Rogue : http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/khadgar/T%C3%B8x%C3%AC%C3%A7pl%C3%A1%C3%BF%C3%AAr/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/frostmane/Mewpriest/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/frostmane/Mewmonk/

Warcraft Logs or Similar
    I have not raided since the august, or at least not seriously. As most of the logs I have from when I was in EmptyPromises were private I don’t have much on my page. I should be able to get access to some of the other mythic TOS logs from when I was in there via screenshots or me giving you my access if you wish https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/23812462/13#metric=dps&partition=1

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

The main ones I used for raiding are BigWigs, ElvUI, WeakAureas, AngryAssignments and Vuhdo.
    https://imgur.com/jgMGQHf

I also have uploaded some of our kill videos from when I was raiding which can be found here:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMewAC/videos

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

I heard of MMM via Krisblade with whom I raided with in Converge. Kris being one of my best friends, I would like to raid in the same guild again. Also when looking for guilds I have a few criterias and MMM fills them (low to medium pop realm, horde side and at a decent rank for raiding times)

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

My previous guild was technically Xeon, but I only raided here for a day. But I was just burned out of the game back when I joined them so I left the week after I joined.

Before that my previous real guild was EmptyPromises, an aspiring top 50 world guild. I left them because the guild had a very bad guild organization and no stability. GM will take decisions that fit him (changing raid days, times, etc) and not ask the raid team opinion. I stayed there for about 4 months as I was wanting to believe in them despite the raid team losing 25 players since the start of ToS. But it got to the point where I gave it everything I could and it was just not going to get any better. They were also raiding so much (35 hours a week during the first month) and not getting much results from it after we had so many people leave.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

In Vanilla and TBC I raided quite casually clearing MC and BWL, missing Twins onwards in AQ40 and only killing spider wing in Naxx.
    In TBC I cleared everything minus Muru (and KJ) pre-nerf. These were only with French guilds. In addition to those two expansions, Cataclysm is the only expansions I did not clear fully while it was current.
    In WOD, MOP and Wrath I was able to clear everything while it was still current at various levels.
    In Wrath it was around top 50-100 in Silent on EU-Illidan. I decided to stop playing wow towards the end of the expansion and to sell my account. All my progress was in 25man here.
    I then decided to not recreate a new account and to instead play other games : League of Legends and then SW:TOR to name a few. On the latter, I was GM/RL in the top french guild (around world 10th).

I decided to come back to wow on a fresh account in MOP and joined a top 400 world guild: Azuremyst Champions on EU-Azuremyst. I left here at the end of MOP due to the guild disbanding and the officers wanting different things. This was also in 25 man.

In WOD, I joined Crayola Inc which was a merge between Azuremyst Champions and some old top 50 raiders wanting to raid less hours. It didn’t really work out and the atmosphere was quite bad and felt like two guilds raiding together rather than one unit. I left them during Highmaul to join Consilium on EU-Azjol’Nerub, with whom I finished off HM and raided til 8/10M in BRF at top 200-250.

That guild once again pretty much disbanded as we were missing players every night and people were getting frustrated. I then decided I wanted something more serious, and so I joined From Scratch, where I finished the tier off with them and stayed for close to 6 months. I was also just burning out of the game at this time, with 5 mythic runs a week (4 with them and 1 with my alt guild). I then decided to just take a break for a few weeks and once I came back I decided to join a friend in Replicant on EU-The Maelstrom. I only stayed there for a few months as I did not feel at home. I then joined Converge on EU-Khadgar where I stayed up until the end of WOD finishing at world 170 on Archimonde.

During WOD, I was also in an alt raiding guild as mentionned above, on which I actually played hunter and was the recruitment officer. I left due to the same burnout I mentioned previously.

During Legion, I was still in Converge up until the end of Nighthold which was killed at world ~190th. I also wanted to join a guild more serious which is why I joined EmptyPromises and have raided here from end of April til end of August, we peaked at Mistress at World 20th but since then went down hill very fast.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

I think that the main thing that seperates me from most players is that I will always do everything I can do to optimize my character. I hate being the person who is just there leeching so I will read up, watch videos, check out everything I can to be as prepared as I can be. I will practice on training dummies, lfr or any other setting until I feel like I can do what ever I need to without thinking about it. Until it has become second nature with me. I can also spend time looking at my own logs to see what I did wrong on a fight, and where I can improve.

One of my main strengths is that I am always willing to take a hit if it means killing the boss. I bring up this example very often but if a fight required to have one player literally be standing in a specific spot for 80% of the fight to kill the boss, I would do that. Back in my previous guilds I would most of the time be the guy who would do mechanics for others (Drawing in ToT, kitting adds on Garrosh, etc). And I also feel like I learn fast, I do not need 50/100 pulls on a boss to learn it, after a small number I will know what to do and when. The rest of the pulls ends up just being perfecting cooldown usage without having to focus too much on the mechanics.

While I do prioritize mechanics over everything, if I feel I can get some decent ranks without it causing a wipe or slowing down the kill I will do my best to do so. But most of the time I don’t aim to do big numbers if that will cause a wipe.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

First of all I always actively read and participate where I can in discord, I also keep informed on mmoc and other sources. For hunters in particular, there is guides made by Azortharion which are very complete and descriptive.
    Outside of those, I will also always analyse my logs and compare myself to other players in similar gear to mine to see what I can improve. And as I also mentionned in the part just above, I also will spent hours and hours on training dummies if it is necessary.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role?
    Hunter:
    Hunters in general and mainly the Beast Mastery have very good mobility, and are able to do mechanics while hardly losing any damage due to the casting on the move. Marksman have slightly less but are still able to do so if planned for in advance. Hunters are also great at soaking, Tomb of Soaking was good to show us that. Antorus will no doubt follow the same pattern.
    Hunters are also very versatile when they need to do ST or AoE, changing around talents/legendaries can make it very easy to do either.

Demon Hunter:
    DHs are insanely good at being able to focus down a specific target, I would even say it is probably too well, because you have to sacrifice everything (pun completely intended) for it.
    You are also really strong at burst aoe, comparatively with the Arms Warrior.
    DHs also have an immunity which lets to solo soak some stuff if that is needed.
    Where they drop off is when there is constant aoe needed.

Rogue:
    Sub Rogues are probably the strongest or close to the strongest overall class/spec in the game right now. They have everything, soaking capacities, insane single target, very strong target focusing. Where they shine the most is on fights like Mistress where they are able to use the constant flow of adds to deal huge damage to the main target. Their only very bad point is where AoE is needed, but you have other specs or players for that.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?
    Yes, I am always able to and willing to talk if required.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yes, sounds good.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Druwd.

Druwd

Hi – Thanks for the application.

Tricky decision – but we have the time before & at the start of Antorus to gear.

We would like to offer you a trial on your Spriest.

Please do your best to grab the belt before Mythic Antorus & push for the required traits.

Whisper an officer for an invite!

Regards,
    Drowd

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.