Forums Guild Applications [ACCEPTED] Kelthyzad – Affliction Warlock

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kelthyzad 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Kelthyzad
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

Mads, 26, Denmark

Character Name and BattleTag

Kelthyzad, Kelth#2014

Class

Warlock

Primary spec

Affliction

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/hellscream/kelthyzad

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/17950627/17#metric=dps

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/375418863740911619/425395092539441163/screenshot.png

Details, DBM, AA, RCLootCouncil, SimC, WA

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

Wowprogress

Upon looking through the guilds that were interested in talking to us as a collective group, this overall seems like a great fit for us, as we are all fairly competitive players, while still valuing working as a team together highly, as this is first and foremost a team game.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

I have all decided to leave the server, as it is completely void of raiding guilds, and the officers of our current guild were corrupt in various degrees, thus making any continuation with them unacceptable.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

I started raiding in Legion, where I have killed every boss cutting edge, except KJ. This was done with various guilds, since they tended to fall apart, as one guild leader was banned for botting, others simply quit.

Some guilds I had to step in as officer or guild master. I am completely okay with being officer for certain aspects of a guild, but I am not suited for a guild master position, I simply did it because I was trying to keep the guild together whilst everyone else left.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

I am a very objective person in general, and I do my best to research how to optimize damage, gearing and all other things. I enjoy playing DoT classes, and it matters a lot to me that I understand the mechanics deeply of both my own spec, but also all of the bosses I encounter.

Affliction at the moment is currently a simple spec to pick up, but playing reactively to the various procs that occur, and knowing when to refresh Reap, UAs and Soul Harvest.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

I review my own logs whenever I feel I need to improve, as well as look at what others of the same spec are doing.

One example, is that I was struggling to optimize my damage on Hasabel, but I looked through how others were timing their spells on the adds, ensuring I drain as many imps as possible to get the maximum amount of soul shards, but also keeping up highest amount of uptime of Agony, Corruption, Unstable, as well as saving Sephuz timing so no casts get through, using both pet interrupt and Howl of Terror.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

As a warlock, I have high sustained damage, and multiple targets we are incredibly powerful. Using talent ring, we also have a powerful execute for bosses that require it. I also have extremely high self healing, so I tend to die less to damage mechanics on bosses such as Kin’Garoth, where I don’t need healers at all to keep me alive.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

Yes, yes and I am vocal when required.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

It is not a problem for me, but there may be some days where my girlfriend has to get up very early for work, but since we are looking for a place together where I can play in a seperate room, this issue will be completely gone for BFA.

We schedule everything, so I will know ahead of time when I may have to leave 30 minutes early.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Druwd.

Okayama

Hi Kelthyzad,

Thank you for taking the time to write your application.

I am interested in your time as a raid leader/GM. What was it about the roles which you did/didn’t enjoy? Would you do anything differently?

It seems like something you took up reluctantly when your guild’s were in dire situations, which is in my eyes a big positive as it is not easy to take control of a guild to keep it afloat and it shows a level of commitment to the guild’s survival which not everyone would be willing to take on.

Thanks
    Okayama

Kelthyzad
    Participant

As others will tell you, I am not the best at interacting with other people, or picking up on social cues. However, when it comes to optimizing strategies, helping out people, figuring out what we’re doing wrong, these are all parts I was okay with.

I am a bit of a robot, so when people are upset at eachother, or even sometimes at me, I do not pick it up on my own, as I am often not aware.

I was never afraid to tell people if they are doing something wrong, but I never saw any reason to get mad at them and yell. Mostly try to take an invividual talk with the person one on one, so they could improve for the future.

As I mentioned, the realm did not have a vast amount of players, so it was important to give everyone a chance and not simply dismiss them right away.

JamSam
    Participant

Hey Kelthyzad,

Could you please provide a UI screenshot during a raid encounter? Preferably one which includes how you track incoming raid debuffs, fatal one shot mechanics, how your UI would look whilst multidotting an AoE fight & so on?

On top of that, what’s the thought process into keeping track of your current targets DoT’s through unitframes & nameplates instead of using missing debuffs WA’s which is something I see many warlocks opt to do.

Thank you in advance, Jamsam.

Kelthyzad
    Participant

Raiding

I keep track of incoming mechanics where you can currently see Desolate Gaze, but for certain mechanics that are incoming, it will be shown to the left of the other debuffs, above my own chars name.

I use focus to keep multi dotting, and it has never been an issue for me. By holding alt, all of my spells to go my focus target instead.

I tried using WA’s or other addons to keep track of my DoTs, but I never found it neccesary, and I felt it only cluttered up my screen, so I’m using this setup because it gives me a clear overview of incoming mechanics, and I am very comfortable being able to keep track of dots like this.

As for certain bosses, I use individual WA to track those.

An example of this is Aggramar, which I am able to view the energy of the mobs, as well as which order everything will happen, so I know when to move in and soak, and so on.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Kelthyzad.

Gorpalorp
    Participant

Hi Kelthyzad,

Are you comfortable having to play another specialization for a raid encounter, if need be?

Warlock Class Leader – Gorpalorp

Tasty
    Participant

Bombadier approves

Kelthyzad
    Participant

If it is required, I would be able to swap to it.

With that being said, I have only played a tiny amount of Demo/Destro in Legion, since I really enjoyed Aff all the way through.

If we’re talking about BFA, then I’m sure I could learn how to play any spec, if needed for raiding.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.