Forums Guild Applications [DECLINED] Icewallòw – Mage

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JamSam 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

icewallow
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

– Kristian. 25 years old from a small place called Stord in Norway

Character Name and BattleTag

– Char name: Icewallòw / BattleTag: Zeek#2563

Class

– Mage

Primary spec

– Fire mainspec, but can play all 3

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/icewall%C3%B2w

Warcraft Logs or Similar

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

https://imgur.com/a/03Uef ( Yes this is of my monk, but the UI is the same, everything is on the same spot etc. just had to get a picture since im currently playing on this toon ). Can add a picture of my mage later if u think that is needed

I use standard blizzard UI, with Bigwigs, details, Grid, AngryAssignments, Weak Auras. also got some other addons but thats for “Personal” stuff ^^ Gladius, Battlegroundtargets etc etc since i also like to PVP.

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

– I heared of it from Miib since ive played with him earlier in Highguard. He told me that you considered recruiting a mage so i decided to apply.
    Im making this application because i want to play with him again, and because your progress is going way much better then my current guilds progress. he told me that you are a bounch of serious people taking raids verry serious but at the same time you can have fun, laughing at stuff etc.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

– My current guild is called “The Axemen”. Im not satisfied with the progress and the people in there. 90% of the members only do M+ with the same people every day / week and barely take in others. There are some cool players in there, but its not enough for me.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

– TBC: Cleared Karazhan, Gruul’s Lair, Maghteridon’s Lair, Serpentshrine Cavern, The eye (only missed last boss), Cleared Mount Hyjal and everything except illidan in BT.

WOTLK: cleared naxx 10+25, Obsidian sanctum, Eye of Eternity, Ulduar, Trial of the crusader ( 4/5 25man Heroic ), Onyxia and ICC ( 11/12 Heroic 25man ), Ruby Sanctum 25man normal.

Cataclysm: Cleared Blackwing Decent 25 heroic, The bastion of twilight 25 heroic, Throne of the four winds 25 normal, Firelands 25 heroic and dragon soul 25 heroic.

Mist of Pandaria: at the start of mist i had a break since i were in the army and were in there for 1 year. When i came back it was hard geting into any good guilds but at the end during throne of thunder i managed to get into a guild called Vanguard that played on Kazzak. With them i cleared throne of thunder 25 heroic + Siege of orgrimmar 25 heroic.

Draenor: i joined a guild which were formed with IRL friends only, and we cleared Highmaul heroic, and killed 4 bosses Mythic. The guild disbanded and i joined a guild called imperfection after which i killed the rest on except last boss. Cleared BRF 25 Mythic, and HFC 25 mythic.

Legion: Emerald Nightmare: cleared it heroic, 4 bosses mythic. In trial of valor i had a breakdown IRL so had to fix some stuff IRL so i took a break. i came back in Nighthold and killed everything except Gul’dan. During Tomb of sargeras i joined Highguard, and 1.5 month after they disbanded. Ive Been in my current guild since then, killed 8/9 mythic with 50% best try on KJ. ( had 1 week of progress ). Now in antorus were 5/11 mythic and im still raiding here but it goes to slow. to many personal mistakes are made. i feel that i need something better.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

– I personally think i play my class good. Im aware of what everything does and how to position myself on every fight etc.
    I might not pull the biggest numbers on all fights, but im aware of whats going on around me. If i make a mistake i normally know what i did wrong and i know what to do diffrent the next time.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

– I read up on tactics, watching movies etc on tactics with my class POV. I got alot of contacts in good top 100 guilds that i discuss diffrent stuff with + im in the Mage discord. To improve my dps / find the right gear to use i sim my charafter. i normally do that a few times a week, if i get new items ofc. ( im using Simcraft ).

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

–Both classes have their advantages. Mages are more mobile with blinks etc. During execute phase we can move and cast ( if playing fire with waist ofc ). The biggest advantage mages have must be the ice block! which we can use to solo soak whatever ability thats needed. if playing frost we can use 2.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

– I use discord every day and i have a mic so i can be vocal if needed. During raids i dont like to talk to much unless i have to. i like to keep it quiet so other people can talk and call important stuff etc.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yep, should be able to attend to all of them 🙂

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Druwd.

icewallow
    Participant

didnt see that i missed 1 question. here is the logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/27637163/17#metric=dps

JamSam
    Participant

Hi – Thanks for the application.

Unfortunately we have decided to decline.

Best of luck,

Jamsam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.