Forums Guild Applications [ACCEPTED] Misukí – Holy/Disc Priest

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Misuki 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Misuki
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from
    –Bob
    -The Netherlands

Character Name and BattleTag
    – Misukí (Suigetsu#1488)
    Class
    – Priest
    Primary spec
    – Holy/Disc

Link to your Armory profile
    -https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/hellscream/misukí

Warcraft Logs or Similar
    –https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/hellscream/misukí

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI–IN COMBAT–)
    -https://imgur.com/a/74Dn7

–Clique (mouseover macros for fast heals over my interface, with the option of blacklisting some frames.
    -Big Wigs for timers
    -Elv UI for a clean UI
    -Bigdebuffs so I know when to dispell important debuffs
    -some pvp addons wich I don’t use in pve.

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?
    -From the friends who applied as well. They told me about the guild and got me really enthousiastic.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?
    –Currently I am in Exiled-Hellscream. The guild is dying since recruiting on the realm is very hard. It’s underpopulated so we have no one to replace the people we lost to various reasons. Im a loyal player so I’m looking for a guild in wich I can stay for long terms.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past?
    – Forte on outland was my first serious raiding guild. Together with them we cleared AQ40/Naxx40 in world top 10.

-In TBC I chose to go less hardcore due to real life. I played on a new realm called Eonar in a guild called The Logical Cube (they are still around). Together with them I cleared all the raids from KARA to BT.

-WOTLK i joined a guild called Placeholder. I raided with them and got all the realm first titles (world top 500 guild).

-Cata I raided in a 10 man guild on the horde side. We cleared all the raids before major nerfs. Even though some people say 10 man was easier I think certain fights where abit harder. Got major achievements like “I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am”

-In MoP i raided for the first 2 tiers. Then the guild disbanded and I lost interest in pve. I started pvp-ing at highish level (2.4kish). It’s nothing special but still competative. I carried this on during WOD.

-in Legion i started raiding again on hellscream Alliance and cleared everything except for KJ. We couldn’t recruit enough people for us to be able to get a steady raid team. The problems with recruiting kept on going for the entire tier of antorus. now im 9/11M with experience on aggramar.

Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?
    –See above
    -No I’ve tried raidleading once but I didn’t like it. I do like to theorycraft.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others
    –I tend to try to min/max my class. I love going for logs, but i won’t let mechanics fail because i like purple/orange numbers.
    -Having good awareness mixed with steady healing/hps makes me stand out from most people who have better logs for example.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

– I look at the guild discord and see the discussions going on there.
    – I tend to just look at tactics and get the feeling for a fight during the tries. I try to do my disc timings beforehand but you need to feel the fight for yourselfs to make it work better.
    -for holy I try to make best use of my mastery and setbonusses. keeping up with both specs on the discord/forums.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)
    – My heals are very strong as both disc and holy. With disc you can time your CD’s so well that you can full heal the entire raid on key moments. With holy you can Ensure a stable HPS on the raid like a restodruid. Tank healing is abit bad in comparison to a holy paladin.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?
    – Yes, yes and yes. I think it’s very important to be able to communicate in a team effort.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)
    – Yes

• This topic was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by  Druwd.

JamSam
    Participant

Hey Misukí,

Could you please provide a UI screenshot during a raid encounter? Preferably one which includes how you track incoming raid debuffs, fatal one shot mechanics & so on?

And secondly, I see you’ve chosen to go with ElvUI but instead have opted with default raid frames & bigdebuffs addons. What’s the reasoning behind this? As ElvUI’s raid frames in general are very robust nowadays with many customization options.

Thank you, Jamsam.

Okayama

Hi Misuki,

Due to the mechanics on later bosses disc as a spec really begins to shine. How comfortable are you playing disc? Do you enjoy it’s play style/what are yours thoughts on the spec with regards to how you play?

Thanks
    Okayama

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Okayama.

Misuki
    Participant

I’ve got a screenshot from doing looking for raid, trying to get a good picture was kinda meh. But i use Weakaura’s for timers and my BigWigs goes from small in the top to Big on the left side when i need to start stacking my atonements. Also my Weak aura gives me a heads up.

I track my atonements with a weakaura, wich i see is switched off from playing holy last time.

View post on imgur.com

The reason i use the costum blizzard frames instead of the elv ui ones. I’m used to playing with them since MoP. I geuss it’s more of a habit thing. Since i never wanted to go and set up elv ui in depth. I like the settings as they are, it works quite well for me.

But i mainly use alot of weakaura’s to track everything. From smash rotation on aggramar to my own cd’s. Love it.

I also start stacking atonements at certain %. For example on aggramar i start at 82 81% in order to have a big heal for the link/PWbarrier ready on entire raid. Stuff like that comes with experience on a bossfight and good preparation wich i can discuss on the priest discord.

Misuki
    Participant

Oh and i see my raidframes arn’t fit for 30 on my disc priest yet. I’ll work on that for heroic, since i usually just holy the hell out of that.

Misuki
    Participant

As to disc, i feel comfortable healing on any class/any spec. Disc just takes more effort with high rewards. I don’t mind playing anything as long as it’s a healer. Disc just requires me to watch weakaura’s and timers alot wich can sometimes be abit repetative. It takes alot of planning but thats a fun aspect of the game.

Krigue
    Participant

Hello Misukí,

Resident priest here; it is no secret that holy priest has some of the worst movement in the game: how do you feel about this and about healing while having to move constantly?

When trying to figure out healing cooldowns for bosses before and during progress, would you consider taking apotheosis and testing it to see if it’s worth it, even if you’d have to give up benediction?

Do you ever cast renew, and also: when/why would you consider wasting mana like that?

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Krigue.

Misuki
    Participant

Sometimes it feels reallllly bad indeed. But i work around it, setting up my poms, chugging a serenity on the move, having instants ready. And sometimes i’m stuck using renew for the imonar bridge.
    I try to avoid casting renew. Just make sure you have your instants ready, your poms jumping and find a good spot to chug a heal in between using your feathers. Having to move alot makes up for some mana you can spend later on as well. so it all works out in the end.

About apotheosis, I mean if its worth it sure. Testing it out is always good. You know that its either good or complete dog for X part of the bossfight. I havn’t used it alot so far as the raw passive healing from benediction has been really kind to us so far. Thinking about it, it could be of some use with binding heal taking off some extra seconds to use on seren/sanc. I wonder if its really worth it though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.