Forums Guild Applications [DECLINED] Heyn – Fury Warrior

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Podrax 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Podrax
    Participant

Application Form for Heyn – Defias Brotherhood
    Name, Age and where you’re from

My name is Oskar, I’m 18 years of age and I come from Sweden

Character Name and BattleTag

Character Name: Heyn
    BattleTag: Podrax#2204

Class

Warrior

Primary spec

Fury

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/defias-brotherhood/heyn

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/defias-brotherhood/heyn#

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

Addons: WeakAuras 2, DBM, Dominos, GTFO, Details!, Quartz, Exorsus Raid Tools, AdvancedInterfaceOptions & Pawn.
    Training Dummy:https://i.imgur.com/3V7sHt5.jpg
    LFR: https://i.imgur.com/mgTCinb.jpg

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

I only first heard about the Misty Moon Massive during ToS as you guys were rapidly climbing the leaderboards on wowprogress. I’m making this Application because you are one of the few guilds on the server that I have never heard anything negative about and the small amount of player interaction I have had with people in your guild have given me a good impression of the positive state that the guild seems to be in, this is to me very attractive because I am not only looking for a guild to do progression raiding in but also for a nice and stable community that makes people enjoy logging in every day.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

Natural Selection is the guild’s name and it houses a bunch of great lads and I’ve never felt appalled by anyone or anything in that guild, we had server first Normal kill on Argus, we cleared heroic within the first week and we had reached 2/11M by the middle of December. However, the current situation in that guild is that the progression raiding has been but to a halt due to people not showing up to the raids for about a month now. This has of course saddened me because I really want to challange myself as a player and really experience everything that the game has to offer which I can’t if I stay there mindlessly clearing heroic every week until BfA launches. During my time in Natural Selection I met alot people from different guilds on the server and heard alot of negative things about them except for a few. And the Misty Moon Massive is one of the guilds I haven’t heard anything negative about. So not only do you guys have the discipline to raid mythic but you also seem to have a great community which is what makes me want to leave Natural Selection and join The Misty Moon Massive.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

I started playing the game during Cataclysm with my brother and played on and off casually. During late HFC in WoD I started to get into normal raiding as an arms warrior in a guild called Sparta but we didn’t get very far as we had to pug alot of ppl.
    After Legion launched I played casually until Nighthold when I one day asked the raid leader if I could come along and tank the last 3 bosses on heroic which he agreed to. Downed it that night, rerolled to fury and started to learn how to dps in raids. My dps was really bad at the start but the raid team helped me improve and by the end of the tier we got to 2/10M and I had become top 3 dps in our raid team. After ToS released there was some drama and the Raid team went to make our own guild called Bish Brigade which I became an officer in. I handled recruitment, helped with the administration of raid attendance and officer meetings and also led the alt runs.
    We reached 3/9M before a few people stopped attending / taking a break so since we didn’t have enough people for mythic, 2 weeks before the opening of Antorus we all merged/moved over to Natural Selection and everything went very smoothly. in Natural Selection We got the server first normal clear of Antorus and had also cleared heroic within the first week. We got to 2/11M before yet again people have stopped showing up to the mythic raids.

TL;DR: Nighthold: 2/10M, ToS: 3/9M, Antorus: 2/11M. Been a recruitment officer and also raid-led alt runs.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

I would say i’m very good at adapting to new situations, coming up with new strategies and learning existing strategies / mechanics that benefits my dps or mechanical execution. An example would be the usage of cooldowns on bosses, I’m constantly trying to figure out if I can squeeze in using my cooldowns before the adds are coming in or if Full out AoE, full out single-target or a mix of them benefits me the most on a boss like Antoran High Command. Or if I can afford to use my heroic leap knowing that i’m not going to able to use it again for 30 secs. When I have raided with Natural Selection and Bish Brigade I have often been asked “Heyn can you type the kill-order for the kin-garoth in chat please?” or “Heyn what is the name of mechanic X?” and me being able to answer that and always trying to improve and finding new ways to make it even better is what I think makes me stand out amongst other players.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

I improve mostly by looking at my logs and my videos. Using Warcraftlogs I like to look at timeline and casts so that I can see my rotation and if I might have messed it up, I also look at my resource usage for rage to see if I always use rampage at 100 rage because if I don’t, it will not trigger frothing berserker which leads to a dps loss. Mechanical wise I also look at damage taken by ability to see if I might have taken unnecessary damage. It doesn’t always tell me if I could have avoided the damage or not though and that is why I usually record the raids so that I can look at them and see any mistakes I might have done or other things that I could have done differently. Doing this together with watching helpful videos and listening to other players and being open to advice has led me to grow as a player and is therefore what I continually still do and will do to become even better.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

The first thing that is worth mentioning about fury warriors is the amazing mobility that they have, with the usual talents you have a 30 second cd on heroic leap which also increasing movement speed by 70% for 3 sec and 2 charges with a 17 sec recharge that allows me to easily escape from harm or quickly rush in for a certain mechanic etc. The second thing that comes to mind is the utility from abilities like Storm bolt, Shockwave & Piercing Howl which is very useful on fights like Eonar & the norgannon adds on coven. Thirdly the surviability that comes from commanding shout that increases everyones maximum hp by 15% and the burst self healing coming from Enraged Generation together with 2-3 bloodthirsts in a row which will easily get me to full hp if I am low. The fourth and last thing is the really great burst dps that Fury warriors have both single target and AoE centered around the usage of Battle Cry. It’s extremely useful during fights where there are intervals of things that quickly need to be killed, for example the adds on Antoran High Command, Kin’Garoth & Eonar. Comparing these 4 major points to other dps it becomes clear that Fury Warriors have much better mobility than a lot of other classes in the game like Dk’s, paladins and warlocks as examples. It’s one of the few dps classes that have both a raid wide and a personal defensive cd, only other spec I can think of at the moment that also kind of has that is DH’s with Darkness, blur & netherwalk. The constant AoE slow + 20/40s cd AoE stun(3s) from Piercing Howl and Shockwave is something that comes in very handy for fights like Eonar & The Coven of Shivarra. This Combination of utility is very unique to fury warrior considering the low cd. The burst dps from Battle cry + Odyn’s fury is something that makes shadow priests want to reroll on AoE fights and the cd lines up very nicely on alot of bosses. Kin’garoth comes to mind as being a good example as it is easy to always have Battle cry ready for the adds while still not having a lot of downtime on the ability.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

I can use discord, I have a mic and since I am a very social person who likes to talk to people I would say i’m quite vocal.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yes.

• This topic was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Druwd.

Okayama

Hi Hey,

Thank you for the application, we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks

Okayama

Madjackmcmad
    Participant

Hello Heyn, can you please walk me through your UI pls? Its very good :))

Druwd

Thanks for the application – unfortunately we only have Melee spots for exceptional players – so we will decline.

Best of luck

Podrax
    Participant

Absolutely! I use the addon called Dominos to be able to customize my action bars which is pretty much the same on all my alts. I have it set up like this: https://i.imgur.com/9qxvSDa.jpg

For my raid frames I use VuhDo with pretty much the settings as standard and the reason for that is because I don’t need it to take up a third of my screen to be able to tell if the raid is low on hp so that I know if it’s safe for the raid to soak Kin’garoth bombs or if I need to use Commanding shout etc. I do have it set up differently on my priest though. The Icons are slightly bigger, it’s easier to see health percentages and the health bar flashes if somebody is taking severe damage so that it makes it easier for me when i’m healing. It’s highly customizeable and it was quite some time ago since I set it up so I can’t tell you much more specifically of what it was that I changed inside the addon but it wasn’t very hard. Picture for reference: https://i.imgur.com/JTNnrBF.jpg

The addon I that use for tracking damage and healing numbers etc. is Details! It’s highly customizable and very in-depth.

The WeakAuras I use are pretty simple and straight forward, I have one that shows my enrage timer using a simple progress bar positioned slightly to the top left. Another one is for Sephu’z Secret also using a progress bar that tells me it’s cd, how long it’s active as well as notifying me with a sound when it’s ready again (positioned to the bottom left of my action bars). Finally I use a weakaura that shows a texture above my character whenever I have 100 rage so that I don’t have to closely monitor my rage bar all the time and instead have it in a much better location. Other than that I have a few Antorus specific ones that tell me in a better way about Varimathras marked prey and the timers for Eonar.

I also use DBM if that counts. 😛
    I hope that explained it, if there are any other questions I am more than happy to answer!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.