Forums Guild Applications [DECLINED] Haxor – Resto Shaman

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Druwd 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Haxor94
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

Kim, 23, Norway.

Character Name and BattleTag

Hàxor – Defias Brotherhood, Haxor94#2686

Class

Shaman

Primary spec

Restoration

Link to your Armory profile

Armory

Warcraft Logs or Similar

Warcraftlogs

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

Elvui (not raid frames, those are default ui), details, WeakAuras, decursive, DBM, Exorsus Raid Tools and Sweetsour’s Shaman Auras.
    Screenshot

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

After Primal stopped raiding, Misty Moon Massive has basicly been my only option as I want to raid competetively or not at all.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

I really loved Primal and it really saddened me that it disbanded. I thought that it would just simply mean the end of my wow carreer, though after 3 weeks of not logging in I couldn’t resist it anymore.. And now I’m in need of some raiding again, and not just sit at the auction house 😛

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

I started raiding in Firelands on Laughing Skull. Got snapped up by another guild for Dragon Soul and did well in the server race. Then that guild merged with Amused to Death here on defias Brotherhood at the start of MoP. Right before ToT hit I was forced to take a break as I had to serve in the army. Came back around SoO but raided casually. WoD came and I was in several guilds, mostly bad or just lacking people. Eventually ended up in Laganum and did 6/7M Highmaul, 7/10 BrF and boom the good’ol roster issue joined as well and a good group of Laganum went to an alliance guild called Victus on Ravencrest. Issues with guildmaster led to a lot leaving again, and another guild was born again. We barely started raiding before the GM ninjaed the bank and logged off for good. After that the Laganum group was all scattered, and I joined Tokidoki alone and finnished up 13/13M in HFC.
    As Legion approached, former Laganum members got together and made Primal on DB and did 7/7M EN, 10/10M NH and 8/9M ToS before we disbanded again. It was definetly the best time I’ve had in wow when I was with Primal.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

I’m not a fan of the snipe healing just to compete at meters or logs, so I dps a lot in downtimes instead. Its fairly simple to play resto shaman; I mostly keep both riptide and healing stream on CD, Healing Rain in melee (or simply the biggest group that is stationary for the duration of the rain) and chainheal if there is raidwide damage going, or healing wave when its single target. I’m not a fan of Cloudburst Totem, but still use it when I know its obviously the way better solution, always making sure to have it ready with Gift of the Queen and Ancestral Guidance for maximum benefit.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

I always look at logs after every raid. How mana did I end the fight on, how many targets did my chainheals hit, how much healing compated to mana did I get from spells like Chain Heal and Healing Rain, did I miss uptime on healing stream totem, could I have used Healing Tide or Ancestral Guidance more etc. There are quite a few playstyles, talent and legendary playstyles that all do good, so I try my best to do what I feel is the best for my raid situation.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

Resto Shaman is generally a really good progression healer because of its mastery, as well as CDs like Spirit Link and Ancestral Protection Totem that can help cheese mechanics. Dream case scenario for resto shaman are completely stacked raid with heavy sustained damage, or regulare intervals of burst. Sisters of the Moon is a good example. We also have good utility like Wind Rush Totem (though its not the “go-to” talent as both the others are more used) and aoe stun.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

All of the above, though can be quiet.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yis. I also don’t mind extra nights if you’re doing that during progression or something.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  Druwd.

Druwd

Hi – Thanks for the application.

We will review & get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Drowd

Druwd

Hi Haxor – apologies for the delay in response.

Unfortunately – although you seem like a good player – we do not currently have a spot on our healing roster, so we will have to decline.

Best of luck
    Regards,

Drowd

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.