Forums Guild Applications [Declined] Hantazup [Restoration druid]

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Okayama 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hantazup
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from
    My name is Frederik Jensen, I’m a 24 year old aspiring software engineer currently working on my bachelors in Denmark, where I was born and raised.

Character Name and BattleTag
    My characters name is Hantazup and my battle tag is Hantazup#2995.

Class & Primary spec
    Im a druid and I’ve played restoration on the same character since The Burning Crusade.

Links
    My Armory is: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twilights-hammer/Hantazup

My logs can be found on: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twilights-hammer/hantazup#
    The logs might be lower ranked than my previous expansions, but hopefully this will be explained in a later section.

Addons and UI
    The most notable addons (read: raiding addons) that I use are:
    – BigWigs
    – WeakAuras
    – Vuhdo
    – Exorsus RaidTools

I also use a range of UI modifying addons that I can list if it has any interest.Attached is a screenshot from Argus Mythic progression.
    Raid UI

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?
    I found the guild on wowprogress, and what made your guild stand out in the vast sea of guilds is your competativeness on your realm. More explanation will follow.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?
    I will consolidate this paragraph with the one about previous guild history.
    Back in the day I was pretty bad at the game (weren’t we all). At some point I started improving and decided I wanted more out of the little raiding I had done, so I started researching my class and eventually wanted a better guild.
    I applied to a guild called Aeon just before Firelands and thought it would be quite a long shot but somehow I got accepted.
    Long story short, I played with Aeon for years, becoming officer of the guild at the start of MoP.
    We went on to get every server first from the start of MoP up and with NH.
    However, after WoD the guild started suffering because we were located on a smaller realm and struggled with replacing people who quite for various reasons. We decided to move realm which worked for a while, but eventually we started dropping world ranks from around 250 at the end of MoP, to ~600 at the end of WoD, and after ToS we were roughly 1200 as far as I remember.
    The issues continued and after Legion our guild leader decided to quit the game and no one was there to pick up the mantle.

Now that BFA has launched, half of our raid team has joined up with another half raid team in a guild called Why No Love.
    I feel like things here are less than ideal, with a good handful of raiders being way below par, and frankly I miss being competative on a server.
    I miss clearing content in reasonable time and I miss being at a world rank where I feel like I belong. MMM seems to represent all that I used to have in/want from the game, and that is the main reason I’m applying here and not somewhere else.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others
    I’m not really sure what exactly you are fishing for with this question, but I’ll try none the less.
    As a healer I don’t have a rotation as such. In the end it’s about preparing for a fight and knowing well ahead of time what to expect.
    Currently druids are much like WotLK where you mainly used rejuv. The Autumn Leaves trait restricts our talent choices and dictates how our we should do our raid healing. It does however not mean that we are a one button class as there are many other things to use like, LB, SM, Efflo, CW, and no more so than ever CDs.
    The main shift from previous expansions is that druids now are very CD reliant with Tree, Flourish and IP being standard talent choices.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.
    I mainly use the druid discord in addition to https://questionablyepic.com/ for general resto druid information. When it comes to more specific things like talent choices for a particular boss or CD rotations, logs are where it’s at in my book.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role?
    The strength of druids have always been their mobility and this is still the case. Since most of our spells are instant cast we are not limited and dont have to stand still to heal.
    As previously stated druids are currently running a lot of CDs, which gives us fairly decent on demand raid healing. Tranq however have been changed to a stacking HoT which means it’s used a little more in advance than reactionary.
    Right now druids lack a little in their immidiate single target healing, we are great at stabilizing a raid but not so much as topping up a tank or a low raid member. We rely mainly on SM which has a semi long CD or regrowth which isn’t that strong.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?
    I have a working microphone and I’m used to talking a lot on Discord. Going from being an officer to not, I might talk a little more than what is needed if anything.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)
    All of your raid times suit me fine.

Thank you very much for taking your time to read my applicaiton.
    I appologize for any mistakes that might be scattered around the application, please bear with me as I haven’t made one of these since before Firelands.
    You are welcome to ask me to elaborate on any- and everything or ask me other questions. You are also welcome to add me in game if that makes it easier, or if you just wanna chat or run a dungeon or something.

Hope to hear from you soon, and have a wonderful day!
    Frederik/Hantazup

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Okayama.

Hantazup
    Participant

I see that the UI link doesn’t work so here is a standard URL, my appologies: https://imgur.com/a/lMlkxuX

Okayama

Hi Hantazup,

Thank you for the application however we are going to have to decline you on this occasion.

Good luck finding a new home.

Okayama

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.