Forums Guild Applications [Withdrawn] Herpiderpi – Windwalker Monk

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  herpiderpi 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

herpiderpi
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from
    Name: Mads Albrecht Hald

Character Name and BattleTag
    Char name: Herpiderpi (do not fucking laugh at it xd)
    Btag: Awesomedwarf#2396 (Balzer already have it)

Class
    Monk

Primary spec
    Windwalker

Link to your Armory profile
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/hellscream/herpiderpi

Warcraft Logs or Similar
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/hellscream/herpiderpi

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)
    mainly useing DBM to tell me when shit is about to happend, and i´m useing Elvui which allowed me to setup my own Ui and help me improve me overall perfomance.
    Link to Ui in combat:

View post on imgur.com

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?
    I put myself as LFG on wowprogress and got added by an officer or GM, named Blazer on bnet, he told me about the guild and i got interrested, so went to the wowporgress page and watched some of you kill vids and i liked what i saw.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?
    My current guild is disbanding, alot of core raiders have left same with officers and being on a small realm (Hellscream) replacements are not easy to find, that´s why i´m leaveing

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?
    I don´t have any mythic raiding exp prior to this expansion, i started playing the game in WoD casually and haveing fun, then i wanted to take on the challenge of mythic raiding.

Exp:
    EN 2/7 mythic with Mutilate-Silvermoon (Mistweaver monk)
    ToV: No mythic kills since i was guildless most of the tier
    Nh: 7/10 mythic with mutiple guild (switched alot of guilds due to burnout) ( Had rerolled hunter at this point)
    ToS: 6/9 with Viribus-ravencrest (Still as hunter)
    ABT; Currently 9/11, started out tier as hunter (which is 9/11 aswell) and then rerolled back to my monk whic is 9/11 aswell.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others
    To sum it up, it’s basicly about keeping your spenders on cooldown, while managing your chest stacks and SEF windows.
    Also important to manage your hitcombo/mastery, never doing two of the same spells after another. Realisticly this is only TP and BOK, and ChiWave/Flying serpent kick are good “fillers” to weave between, if needed.
    The way I would prioritize spenders on singltarget is RSK>FOF>SOTWL>WDP(Not a spender, but locked behind spenders)>BoK.

I think its worth mentioning the t21 bonus, making the free BOK hit extremly hard. However, outside of SEF/TOD, this doesnt change the priority.

The beauty of WW is really in the flexibility of SEF, since it got 2 charges.
    Within a SEF (on singletarget), you ideally want 2x RSK, FOF,SOTWL,The BoK! procs,and a high stack channel of CJL (the latter not being avilable in the opener).

You also have TOD, ideally aligned with SEF and hard hitting spells, since it scales with the damage you do during it.(Think soul capacitor)
    One powerful thing about SEF is that the clones can be fixated on a target that you cant reach, and still go 100% of your normal damage too it.

Good example here is Argus p3, putting SEF fixate on Apocalypsis Module while having rage gaze.
    (During SEF, you do 50% of your damage, clones do 50% each, so a total of 150% dmg.)

On AoE, you drop out non procced BOKs in favor of SCK.
    Since the Mark of the crane mechanic(40% increased SCK damage for 15 seconds for each mob damaged by RSK/TP/BOK, clones giving debuffs too) makes SCK scale exponentially,

it will overtake the other aoe abilitys(WDP,FOF,SOTWL)that scale linear on X amount of stacks/mobs.
    Assuming the stacks are the same as the mobs you are facing, id drop out RSK (Other than enabling WDP) on around 4 targets, and FOF around 10 stacks.

Since both FOF and SOTWL are frontal, it’s not realistic for you and your clones to hit all of the targets, unless it’s extremly stacked.
    How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.
    Logs, Wow-Analyser and the monk discord.
    Example with logs is that i sit and watch the replay of a fight to see where i personally make a mistake and then i try to fix it, because we aren´t all perfect, we all make mistakes we are only humans and we have to be our own biggest critics.

With Wow-Analyser i simply copy-paste a link from warcraflogs and it simply tells me what adn where i should improve on, wether it being rotaion or surviveing wise.

The monk discord can help out in various discussions like what abilities i should prior over others if an add needs to die instaly (like on Vari).

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

Well Windwalker monk is one of the best and strongest melee classes in the game (Maybe just out-performed by fury warrior and enh shaman on some fights)

Surviveability: it has strong survivability with ToK (karma) and the option of swapping between Dampen Harm for fights where you take alot of physical dmg and Diffuse magic for fights with alot of magic dmg.

Utility: Monks does also have alot of mobility, we have Roll 2 charges 20 sec recharge time which can be talented into Chi Torpedo which is a 15 yard dash that grants a 30 sec MS buff which you are able to stack, they also have Tigers Lust, this talent removes all roots and snares from you or the person targeted and increases their MS by 70% for 6 sec and last but not least we have FSK (Flying serpent kick) a 40 yard dash on a 25 sec cd, really handy to get out of sticky situations like on Garothi when he pulls you in during intermission.

DPS: I´ve mention alot of the things regarding this subject under how i play my class, combine that with the utility and surviveability you have one of the strongest melees in the game right now.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?
    Yes i can and i do.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)
    Yes no problems there

• This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Korogg.

Okayama

Hi Herpiderpi,

Thank you for taking the time to write up an application we will get back to you soon with any questions we may have.

Thanks
    Okayama

herpiderpi
    Participant

Yea Blazer already told me that ^^

-Herpi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.