Forums Guild Applications [Declined] Grandepadre – Wheelchair Paladin

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  krisblade 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Grandepadre
    Participant

Application Form
    Name, Age and where you’re from
    My name’s Thomas, I’m from the Netherlands and I’m roughly 24 years old.

Character Name and BattleTag

Grandepadre – Ravencrest
    Everyone#21475

Class

Paladin

Primary spec

Retribution

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/Grandepadre

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/33930165

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

View post on imgur.com

BigWigs, WA, Kui Nameplates, SUF, Skada, Simulationcraft, Deja Char stats and raid addons required by the guild.

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

Didn’t know about you lot, I’m an old Defias player but this guild’s right up me alley.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

I’ve had some issues with the current raid leader on how communication should be handled, and I just don’t agree with the way we raid, for example when we did Zul and I announce that I am quickly soaking after the hunter died, he went absolutely fucking ballistic cause I talked in voice chat. Can’t imagine requiring a mic and not being allowed to use it.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

I’m rather lazy so: https://pastebin.com/uWvVSffz

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

I’ve played Ret for about 10 years now, it’s just a fun spec. I like to see it as more than just a DPS. We have a decent kit for raid survival, with WoG for example, and good usage of that can make the difference between a 1% wipe or a kill.

Other than that, I just heavily follow the Ret community and its ongoings, so I’m always up to date on the latest “hot shit”.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

My #2 resource is raidbots, to maximize my gear and talent choices.

The #1 is the Ret paladin discord, where you can find all other resources like guides, theorycrafters to chat with and just general class discussion.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

I think we have are a very self-reliant class. We have several “oh shit” buttons, not just for ourselves, but other specs. I believe our priority add killing is quite strong whereas our two-target cleave is virtually non-existent and our AoE feels lackluster.

Besides that, one of our strengths is knowing how to pad.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

Always active on Discord, enjoy being vocal during raiding. Example would be last week when I called out a person with the debuff on Mythrax, when he didn’t run out and the orbs were about to spawn. He gets hit by orb, we wipe. So I kindly told him to leave the area (followed by another scolding from the RL for “talking too much”).

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Sounds good to me.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Okayama.

Grandepadre
    Participant

Quick footnote: If there’s anything you’re willing to know more about, or if anything seems to be missing (I was in a bit of a rush) feel free to hit me up on Bnet and I’ll happily chat. Peace.

krisblade

Hi Grandepadre,

Thanks for the application.

Currently our roster is reasonably full on melee, and we would be looking for someone with more recent and relevant experience of raiding at a 200-300 world level.

Thank you for your interest in MMM and good luck finding a new home.

Krisblade

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  krisblade.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.