Forums Guild Applications [ACCEPTED] Fishnchipz – Rogue App

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Fishnchipz 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Fishnchipz
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from:
    My name is Carl I am 24 and from the UK

Character Name and BattleTag:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/tarren-mill/fishnchipz
    Btag: dev#2902

Class:
    Rogue

Primary spec:
    Atm Assassination

Warcraft Logs or Similar
    I don’t have any relevant logs for Antorus and anything before that are either private or on my dk in hc ToS clears. So I am not sure how relevant they are.

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–):
    Elvui
    Details
    Bigwigs
    Weakauras
    Simple Combo Points
    Pawn
    https://gyazo.com/3651432d585eef612c9d496ea71f5d8b
    How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?:
    I was looking at wowprogress, you guys popped up and after reading through your wowprogress page it looked like it could be a great fit. The raid times work perfectly for me, killing bosses in the most efficient way while not letting the game consuming everything else. Overall I think our goals match up really well.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?
    The guild I am in right now is a guild with a few old friends that I joined as a social after I came back. Before that, I was in Exsto – Tarren Mill. I stopped playing in ToS after progress and have been inactive until late April.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?
    I started playing in 2005 and have been raiding since Vanilla, Since WOTLK my goal has been clear the content on the hardest difficulty while it remains relevant. In MoP I wanted to try hardcore so I joined Prime – Tarren Mill in early SoO. I became an officer there with the goal of pushing top get into the top 20 for WoD. When WoD came out we were in the top 20 for Highmaul but the guild fell apart on Imperator. After that, I went to Inner Sanctum and again pushed for a top 20 spot in BRF but the guild died on blast furnace. After I stopped raiding hardcore for a while until I reformed Prime with the GM Business with the goal of pushing top 20 in Legion. For Legion we got top 20 in EN but I had to step down after that progress. I couldn’t commit to that schedule for ToV so soon after the amount of work that went into that progress. I took a break and came back for NH and went to Exsto with some friends.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others:
    I have played rogue since 2005 only re-rolling twice (mage for HFC and DK for ToS). I have achieved everything I have wanted to in that time. I know the class inside out I know what it is capable of and how to get the most out of it. Whether it’s dps or being able to get the most out of the tools you have. Rogue is one of the most versatile classes, very stable damage and able to do jobs that other classes cant. I have always loved the extra responsibility that comes with playing rogue and believe it’s one of the things that makes me stand out. I want to the special jobs, whether it’s soaking, kiting, priority damage or interrupts I like the responsibility and pride my self on being one of the people first asked to do these jobs.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimize your performance – please provide details & examples as required:
    I believe the best way to improve is having the motivation to do so. After playing for a long time you need to motivated to maintain a high level and improve on it. For resources, the best ones out there at the moment are raidbots.com and simcraft for specific info. For new content like a new tier or expansion I would always spend time on the PTR/Alpha looking at what’s new, what could be best. Whether it was through raid testing or using a dummy.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)
    Rogues are one of the most stable and reliable classes for progression. They are rarely really weak and even then they are used for their ability to “cheese” mechanics and make certain aspects of fights easier. Using cloak to immune abilities, cheat death to soak or feint to soak. Compared to other melees I don’t think there is a melee that can compete with rogues as far their toolkit. When I was an officer we were always aware of how powerful rogues can be in progress regardless of their dps output.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?
    I have discord and have no problems using it, I have a mic and can be vocal if needed.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)
    This was one of the big things for me. These times work really well for me over the summer with training on Thursday evenings ending at 7uk. So I should have no problems making the raids.

Thank you,
    Fishnchipz/Carl

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Druwd.

Fishnchipz
    Participant

Fishnchipz
    Participant

woops

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Fishnchipz.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.