Forums Guild Applications [Declined] Feral Druid – Mahikan

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Korogg 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mahikan
    Participant

Name:Aristeidis Kardaras
    Character Name: Mahikan
    BattleTag: Mahikan#2109
    Class:Druid
    Primary spec:Feral
    Link to your Armory profile:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/tarren-mill/mahikan
    Warcraft Logs or Similar:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/tarren-mill/mahikan
    What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)
    Ill mention the most notable : Angry Assignments / Weak Auras / BigWigs / Pawn / oRA3 / Details / Z-Pearl / Bartender / Tell Me When / Tidy Plates / CrucibleWeight
    How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?
    i started looking for a new guild after my previous one decided to stop raiding and specifically for 3 days raiding guilds.The issue with me is that due to my working schedule my search for a guild is quite hard cause most of them start too early for me so i cant really meet the requirements while you guys have perfect raid times for me.That was my main & most important reason.Ofc last but not least is your progress which shows you are a very competent guild.
    Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?
    Cerberus on Tarren Mill was my home for more than 2 years and as some others guilds in the past it will remind me of many fun times and laughs amongst friends as well as challenges being beaten while being a part of a good & solid team.I joined Cerberus on Blackrock Foundry times (March 2015) & been raiding with them till current content.A few days ago after quite a lot of thought officers decided to step down from raiding cause they got too tired overall through the last 2 years especially.Its common knowledge anyway that nowadays it takes quite a huge effort to keep a 20man raiding guild running and succesfully also.Besides my guild disbanding i also chose to apply to you guys because of your awesome and weird name!! xD jk ofc although iam quite curious whats the story behind this name.
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/tarren-mill/Cerberus
    http://www.cerberus-guild.shivtr.com/
    Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?
    I have been playing WoW for 10 years.I’ve been watching the game since it started but sadly due to where i was living (small suburb out of Athens) at that point no internet lines were available in my area so i was forced to to watch it on a friend of mine that was playing a hunter back then.i started playing as a Guardian druid back then and i kept doin that for 4 years till i switched to feral dps which iam playing till now.
    I can’t really say i have done something really notable apart from the fact i consider my self experienced throughout the years iam playing as a feral and i was always performing in a good lvl.At certain periods i had logs to prove it like for example in SoO when i was raiding in a 10man guild and i was ranked from 10 to 28 world that i eventually ended up since my guild stopped loggin for almost 3-4 months.
    http://www.proraiders.com/ranks/t16/index_10.php?rp=1&spec=Feral-Cat_Druid
    I officially started playing like 1-2 months before TBC got launched.With my druid iam currently at 720 days played and overall on my account and all my characters at 1000+ days.I raided as tank from start of TBC till Ulduar came out when feral dps started to appear for the 1st time.There were signs of a feral dps spec inc from revamped Nax though where sometimes due to guild needs i would switch to kitty.Nowadays tanking is just my OS.I experimented a bit as moonkin back in Blackwing Decent and as resto even further back in Mount Hyjal.
    OUTLAND Server
    1)GLORY DAYS : Many nice players,most of the founding members(Officers,GM)were pre tbc hardcore raiders and had a lot of experience. Cleared SSC,TK,MH,BT and in a really nice pace.
    EMERISS Server
    1)FUSION:We were on Muru (pre nerf) when I had to stop raiding for a period of 4 months due to irl serious family issues.At some point Fusion due to recruitment issues migrated to Sylvanas(it was known later as Kill Loot Repeat).
    2)SIMPLIFICATION:a guild with some decent potential(Pre Ulduar no1 Alliance guild on Emeriss) since some of the founding members were really experienced raiders,like the GM(Former player of <<Death & Taxes>> US guild.I was an officer in charge mainly of guild structure issues.The server nevertheless was dead so finding worthwhile members was impossible.With all difficulties we managed to get 11 bosses down in 10man and 3 in 25 Nax.
    SYLVANAS Server
    1)KILL LOOT REPEAT:i migrated to Sylvanas to rejoin some of my old friends and to raid again (Ulduar times).
    2)HARDMODE CREW:I raided with this guild 3-4 years till the GM which was a good friend decided it was time to deal with his irl obligations.(Icecrown Citadel/Ruby Sanctum/Eye of Eternity/Vault of Archavon and more.
    RAVENCREST Server
    1)ALTERAC DEVIANTS: (Blackwing Decent times)i had a small pass from Ravencrest as i migrated there to join a newly formed 10man which was going to raid less hours but with more quality than the 25man main raid team of the same guild.
    SYLVANAS Server
    1)UNHOLY ONES: 1 of my favorites.This guild had such a good chemistry and skilled players.Progress through SoO was smooth and we ended up 3rd 10man on server and 433 world which was actually decent.
    In some of those previous guilds i played the role of an officer but mostly for internal guild matters and sometimes recruiting.Cant really say i would enjoy it nowadays.Its a responibility that i could no longer commit in my opinion.Dont get me wrong,if iam asked i would do anything to help my guild but have to be honest and say that in long term it would’t be something i would like to be doin cause probably due to irl obligations that need my attention i would be mediocre at it.If you are assigned to do an officers job its quite a responsibility and you need to be up for it 100%.
    Here is a link also of my Open Raid profile when i use to join also groups to raid this way
    http://openraid.zergid.com/users/index/60365/1194260#feedback
    Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others
    I always try to utilise the speed my spec has and the ability of cleave with bleeds so i can for example run far fast to soak some unwanted harmful boss mechanic while not losing significant dps on the boss.As far as survivabilty with 2 charges in Survival Instict plus bear form mode i could say feral is pretty decent on avoiding getting a lot of dmg + the ability to self heal to a point.
    How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.
    Iam always checking everything (Class Discord,MMO forums,Fluid Druid,Icy Veins,guides from world top guilds,Warcraft Logs)and i have the experience ofc to filter all the information iam reading and distinguish which is valid or not.Iam really happy as a feral to say that we actually have 1 of the best Theorycrafting communities out there not forgetting to mention very friendly also.
    Iam always open to criticism,whether positive or negative (as long as its done in a polite and respectful manner) & feedback about my performance.Actions like these can only make you a better player if you truly care..I dont have the slightest problem being benched on specific fights if the situation (setup) demands it.I always like to talk about my class with people that share the same passion.
    What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)
    1)Sustained Single Target Damage: Feral Druids are able to put out consistent damage on single and cleave targets with bleeds.
    2)Mobility: With Dash up, Feral Druids are one of the fastest classes. In addition, we canprovide movement speed through Stampeding Roar.
    3)Burst AoE: When talented correctly, we are able to quickly burst down packs of small mobs.
    4)Fury of Ashmane:small raid buff that gives me and 4 allies 600 versatility for 10 sec w/e we use Tigers fury ability (30 sec cd).
    Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?
    Iam using Discord in general and ofc i have a mic.Im not so vocal due to giving priority ofc to the RL to do his job w/o interruption unless ofc i have something useful to add to either tactics or to announce something midfight to avoid a possible mistake either from myself or another raider.
    Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday (21:00 pm to 24 pm Servertime)?
    i can raid all 3 days w/o any problem.
    Pc Specs : Intel Core i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50 GHz / RAM : 8,00 GB / Radeon rx 470 8gb
    Internet connection : 54 Mbps

• This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Korogg.

Druwd

Hi Mahikan – thanks for the application.

Your top logs are very good – but you also have a huge range in your logs – can you help me understand why you have so many grey brackets?
    Do you have an issue staying alive in fights?

Thanks,
    Drowd

Mahikan
    Participant

Hello there Drowd & ty for taking the time to check my application.

the whole issue with my logs has got to do mainly with the hour my guild was starting the raid & the fact that i barely was making the start time regularly due to gettin off from work delayed.(Raid started at 8:30 ST)
    Many times i would return home in a hurry to be in time for start which was rare(I would usually join raid 15 minutes later)just to storm in the raid tired and a bit stressed and not focused.On those 15-30 minutes that i would originally start i was more susceptible to mistakes than i usually am so ye sometimes in farm bosses i would do some mistake that would lead to a death.Overall i dont consider myself a person that fucks up a lot or a person that has a bad learnin curve which means yea i might do a mistake but i will learn from it and try not to repeat it again.
    I will direct you to my GM for further info about me.He is one of the most sincere players ive met since i started playing this game.As he has been our RL also most of the times he can thourougly explain you what he considers good or bad about me so you can make a desicion easier.
    Roers#2742
    Riiza-Hunter
    Thank you again and hope to hearing from you soon,
    Mahikan

Okayama

Hi Mahikan,

Good to see you apply as we had a pretty good chat the other day.

Would you mind providing a screen shot of your ui for us in a raid encounter if possible, as it would help give us an idea of your weakauras set up and the kind of boss events you are tracking.

Thanks
    Okayama

Mahikan
    Participant

Hello Okayama,

Thank you for taking the time to check my application & and giving me some info ofc about the guild the other day we talked.
    Here is a link of my current UI although iam a bit experimenting whether Bartender and Z-Pearl fits me better overall.
    https://imgur.com/a/dZbsF

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Mahikan.

Korogg

Hello Makitan and thank you once again for the application and patience.

Unfortunately, we have decided that it will not be feasible to include a feral druid in our current melee team. This would leave you on the bench quite often, which we don’t think is a good solution for neither you nor us.

Best of luck in your search for a guild

Korogg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.