Forums Guild Applications [DECLINED] Eboy – Holy Paladin

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sempi 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sempi
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

Fredrik, 23, Trondheim – Norway

Character Name and BattleTag

Eboy – Defias Brotherhood RPPVP – Alliance
    Fredbuff#2264

Class

Paladin

Primary spec

Holy

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/defias-brotherhood/eboy

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/defias-brotherhood/eboy#

As for the logs from Antorus I’ve only raided heroic. I recommend you look at logs from previous tiers to see my actual performance.

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

Addons I use:
    Exorsus Raid Tools
    Weakauras 2
    Details
    DBM
    Angry Assignments
    RClootcouncil
    and mostly standard elvui with raid frames placed in the middle of my screen.

Raid combat wasn’t available at this moment sadly, but I did my best!
    https://gyazo.com/ff991cc102ef35d7feb69b6c163efd82

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

I’ve been on Sanity for the last two tiers. Raced you in NH and in ToS before I took a break after we kill Maiden of Vigilance. You were our mortal enemy in both tiers, the one guild that could measure our progress and our competitiveness and that’s mainly how I heard about you. More then that I haven’t heard much more other then that you have the same drive that Sanity has when it comes to pushing for progress within the time you have at your disposal. What made me apply to MMM was multiple factors:

1. Being the Blood Elf Female I was meant to be.
    2. Getting back into the race, and also the drive to complete the last tier of the expansion with a like-minded guild, a guild that strives for progression, as well as having a solid raiding environment.
    3. Heat hasn’t been saying anything but great words about the guild and the environment, which is a important aspect of it all. Good environment equals greater progress.
    4. The schedule your guild has, 3 days would fit me extremely well.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

I’ve been playing this game consistently since WotLK.
    1. Muffin MilitiaDarksorrow
    2. Fused(Wildhammer (?))
    2.5 Hexual SealingSilvermoon.
    3. SanityDefias Brotherhood
    Sanity is the most recent guild, and the only guild worth mentioning as my memory doesn’t serve well enough to remember the two other ones.

Sanity’s schedule would make me lose time from studies, even though 4 days a week would probably work, a 3 day schedule would fit me way better. Also, I’m back from my break, and with a new start, I’m looking for a new guild on the horde side, where I could participate in the race once more, and with the final goal to lead MMM to victory like in ToS.

And surely after finishing of the application Hexual Sealing springs to mind. This is the guild that started of Legion for me. I finished off Emerald Nightmare with this guild and Odyn in ToV. I left the guild due to the lack of competitiveness and the roster issues it was having made it not being able to raid at all for a couple of weeks. I was in an officer position as raid leader, but after talks with the guild’s officers we decided to part ways. This leads me to Sanity in the paragraph above.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

My vanilla and TBC experience ain’t nothing to go crazy over so I’ll leave that out.

Wrath of the Lich King:

Naxxramas cleared 25 heroic.
    The Obsidian Sanctum 3 drakes cleared realm first.
    Ulduar cleared up until Yogg’Saron.
    Trial of the crusader (?) cleared.
    Icecrown Citadel cleared 25 heroic.

Cataclysm:
    All three first raid tiers cleared except Cho’Gall, Nefarian, Sinestra and Al’Akir heroic.
    Firelands or Dragon Soul is not a part of my history.

Mists of Pandaria:
    Came back in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    Normal cleared. Heroic up to Naz’grim.

Warlords of Draenor:
    Highmaul cleared.
    Blackrock Foundry cleared.
    Hellfire Citadel cleared on heroic, except Archimonde.

Legion:
    Emerald Nightmare mythic cleared with the first guild I joined in Legion, Hexual Sealing.
    Trial of Valor mythic cleared, partly with Hexual Sealing and finished of with Sanity. The Chosen earned during this time.
    The Nighthold mythic cleared with Sanity. Realm first.
    Tomb of Sargeras heroic cleared, 7/9 mythic when I started my break.
    Antorus, The Burning Throne, Heroic cleared. (Watched the race on Twitch.tv and my knowledge of the mythic encounters are fulfilled.)

I used to be the raid leader in Hexual Sealing and I also helped out a lot with coordinating healing cooldowns and such in Sanity aswell. A leader-role is something I’m used to having, both from previous guilds and my weekend job in real life.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

Holy shock of CD, big Aura’s with Wings and Holy Avenger, fill with Flash of Light and Holy Light, use Light of Dawn when need-be, pray for Divine Purpose to proc if you are running that.

The thing that makes me love Holy Paladin is the spot healing which can’t be found anywhere else. Also the way a Holy Paladin can keep tanks alive almost single-handedly makes me feel very strong and very important. Saving people with Blessing of Protection, Blessing of Sacrifice, Fat 9M Holy Shocks and Lay on Hands. Also their strong CD’s in Aura of Sacrifice/Devotion Aura and Wings.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

I usually improve by looking at a handful of Holy Paladins in top-guilds, aswell as talking to like-minded Holy Paladins across different realms to get an idea of the optimal way of handling an encounter. Warcraftlogs are also a big help to understand what I’m doing wrong, and what I can improve upon.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

Lets see, if I’m a druid:
    Strengths:
    Strong spot healing, damage reduction cd in Devo Aura, and extremely strong burst healing for encounters that need that. Tank healing would also be one of the greatest strengths.

Weaknesses:
    The raid healing is a weak point for Holy Paladin unless you have your CD’s up (Aura of Sac/Wings/Holy Avenger) or if your Divine Purpose (Spamable Light of Dawn’s) doesn’t proc like 6 times. Also the way to keep the raid passively healed up through spells like effloressence and rejuvination doesn’t exist as a Holy Paladin.. yet. (Excuse me for the typo’s)
    Mobility is also a weak point for Holy Paladins unless we spec Cavalier (Double Horsie).

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

I can and will surely use discord. I have a fully working microphone and I am very vocal about my plans, my intentions, my CD’s, my timings and such.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Perfect.

• This topic was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Druwd.

Heatpotato
    Participant

Great player and great guy, I recommend him 100%

Sempi
    Participant

Siege of Orgrimmar was the first release of mythic. Heroic cleared and mythic cleared up to Naz’Grim would be the right answer on that one.

– Fred

Okayama

Hi Eboy,

Thank you for the application and we will get back to you soon.

Thanks

Okayama

Druwd

Our healing roster for argus progression will consist of 4 players from our current healer team.

Therefore – If we were to accept you – it would be for farming antorus & for BFA only.

Let me know if you would like us to consider your application under the above assumption.

Regards,
    Drowd

Sempi
    Participant

Thanks for letting me know. I would like to explore my other options and sadly therefore I will not be able to join MMM at this moment.

Thanks for coming back to me in such a short notice.

– Fred

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.