Forums Guild Applications [ACCEPTED] Dynknight – Frost/Blood Deathknight

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Dynknight 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Dynknight
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

Hello lovely people, my name is Nils I’m 26 years old and live in The Netherlands.

Character Name and BattleTag

I have played multiple classes this expansion depending on the guild’s needs. It has mostly been Hunter and last tier I have played Warlock since the guild had too many Hunters, I don’t really like playing Warlock though and would like to apply on my Deathknight.
    Character name: Dynknight.
    BattleTag: Dynai#2825

Class

Deathknight

Primary spec

Frost/Blood

I’m currently playing Blood as a main spec on my DK, but I’m aiming to play Frost.

Link to your Armory profile

http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/twisting-nether/Dynknight/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/twisting-nether/Dynlocke/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/twisting-nether/Dynhunt/

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/dynknight
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/dynhunt# (My main from EN to ToS, and my main during WoD, missing some bosses due to having to play DK for KJ and rerolling to Warlock)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/dynlocke (Antorus only)

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)
    UI

For raiding I’m currently using:
    Elvui for basic UI, with WeakAuras for most important abilities, runes and boss debuffs/ abilities.
    DBM for other boss timers and abilities.
    Angry assignments and Exorsus Raid Tools for notes from Raidlead.
    Details for raid information (Damage/ Death logs).
    Clique for easy mouseovers, for example Combat Ress.
    Simulationcraft and Pawn for sims and gear choices.

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

I heard of MMM through Nightwing, Raenah and Qkoo. I have played with them a lot over the past couple of years and really enjoyed it. After they heard i was looking for a new guild they urged me to apply.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

My last guild is Revelations on Twisting Nether. After a lot of people getting burnt out over the last 2 months we couldnt get enough good players in to fill the ranks. So we decided to call it quits and split ways. Had a lot of fun here, but in the end we couldn’t make it work.
    After talking to Nightwing I think MMM might even be a better fit for me than Revelations was, a lot of memeing but in a serious raiding atmosphere. But that’s something only time can tell.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

I have been playing this very addicting game since TBC and got into a bit of casual raiding there, eventually getting to TK when WotLK hit.
    I started raiding more seriously in WotLK, where i have cleared most of the heroic content when it was relevant up to Lich King hc (de BierGilde (Dutch) on Nagrand for the start of expansion and switching to Epiphany on Talnivarr during Icecrown Citadel).
    In Cata I played a bit more casual in a Dutch guild on Draenor, Serenity. With them I cleared a decent amount of the heroic content, but never finished a tier when it was current content (we raided 1-2 nights a week).
    In MoP I didn’t play at all, to focus on my studies.
    I started playing again in WoD which is where I started playing with Nightwing. I cleared most of mythic content but did’t get Cutting Edge until HFC. Where we started raiding a bit more seriously.

In Legion I have cleared everything except for Argus Mythic.
    EN- World rank 1110 (Revelations – Twisting Nether)
    TOV- World rank 1406 (Revelations – Twisting Nether)
    NH- World rank 596 (Revelations – Twisting Nether)
    ToS- World rank 339 (Revelations – Twisting Nether and Tilt Squad – Twisting Nether for a time with Nightwing and Raenah)
    Antorus- 10/11 World rank 599 at the moment (Revelations – Twisting Nether)

I have been Officer or raid lead in several guilds in the past.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

When I play a character I always try to get the most out of it, with my Hunter I would consistently get 90-99% ranks. I do this by reading up on all updates and gear/talent setups to continually improve my gameplay. I never put damage over tactics though and will almost never make a mistake more than once.
    I join Discords and discussions and always check logs to see where I can improve my gameplay.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

As I stated in the previous question I look through logs to see where I took avoidable damage and compare my damage to others who performed better to make sure I perform better next raid. I also use Simcraft/RaidBots to compare gear and talent setups to determine the optimal setup for my character at the time.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

I think currently DK’s strengths lie mostly in grip (Aggramar for example) and AMS to immune certain abilities and debuffs. Aside from that we have a damage cooldown on a very short CD (<1min) which makes it very suitable for handling adds who spawn on a regular short cooldown and strong on demand AoE cleave.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

Yes, yes and yes.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yes, those raid days and times wil not be a problem.

• This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Druwd.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Korogg.

Nightwing
    Participant

HUGE, raided with this guy for aprox. 5 years. (up until ToS).
    He’s that guy that switches to the adds on Vari when others cba, Mechanically good and very reliable. Anyone who has raided with him will tell you the same.

10/10 from me. nuff said 🙂

Korogg

Hello and thanks for applying. Can you fix the link to your UI?

Dynknight
    Participant

UI try 2

Hope this works. Otherwise: https://imgur.com/8H8jaVh

Druwd

Thanks for the application.

Your UI screenshot doesnt seem to be working
    Have you ever played Melee DPS before as a main?

Regards,
    Drowd

Dynknight
    Participant

I have played Ret Paladin for a while in WotLK until i switched to tanking in Ulduar. I havent mained a melee since.

Raenah
    Participant

I have raided with him for about half the expansion, especially early on in EN. If you need a teamplayer, dyn is your guy. He also puts in a lot of effort. I remember him being the one to coordinate the whole ilgynoth fight with stacks and such, even tho he did not receive any credit for it like an officer would. (He wasn’t one back then).

I only have one negative thing to say about him: his transmogs 😉

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Raenah.

Druwd

My only worry about this application is the transition from Range to Melee is not always easy – and i dont like your UI

But that might be more of a reflection on my current UI obsession.

Drowd

Dynknight
    Participant

Hmm yeah, I can see why you might be worried about the transition. I don’t think it will be much of an issue though, I have been playing this game for so long now and have played a lot of melee alts that I feel just as comfortable playing melee as I do tank and ranged.

On the UI bit, I have used many different UI´s over the past 10 years and the way I´ve set it up now I have all information I need in positions I´m used to and comfortable with, I don´t really see a reason to change it apart from minor tweaks.

Qkoo
    Participant

Best Hunter I’ve ever played with.
    Loved him as my raid-lead, together with Nightwing.
    Never whores on dps and does everything for the team.
    Is extreme versatile.
    Sad that I couldn’t raid with him anymore and would love to raid with him again.
    Can’t go wrong with this one.
    Just my 2 cents.

Are we really discussing his UI? :p

Druwd

Accepted for a trial on DK

Weclome-

Regards,
    Drowd

Dynknight
    Participant

Thank you very much. I will be transferring tomorrow.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.