Forums Guild Applications [Withdrawn] Don – Balance Druid Application

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Don 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Don
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

Morning folks! I’m Don/Jimmy (I don’t mind either!). I am 24, born and raised in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Character Name and BattleTag

Nôd-Kazzak

Don#23643

Class<

Druid

Primary spec

Balance, Restoration OS

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/N%C3%B4d

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/35281260

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

The list of addons I currently use is a long one, those worth mentioning include: ExRT, Big Wigs, WeakAuras, Pawn, SimC, ElvUI, Details.

Don – UI

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

I was approached by Nightwing, we chatted for a while and he discussed finding myself looking for a guild on WoWProgress. He then provided me with the WoWProgress information for the guild. It looked to be a good fit for myself and after some consideration, I decided to apply.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

Currently, I am guildless as we speak, due to a lot of in house drama which resulted in multiple members being kicked right before a raid and many other members leaving due to these circumstances.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

I raided and achieved cutting edge, or the older equivalents of it, consistently in every tier from TBC through to end of WoD with a long standing guild who are sadly no longer active, Insight. Throughout early Legion I raided in Aetherium-TheMaelstrom and achieved cutting edge in EN,ToV and NH. 8/9M in ToS, roster issues did hindered the KJ progress, although they got a kill eventually soon after I took my break. I took a short break and moved to Kazzak, where I joined Equity. I raided slightly more casually in Antorus due to moving to a new server for the 2nd time in Legion and some RL issues needing addressed. I achieved 8/11M in ATBT.

While I recently haven’t been in an officer type position after leaving Insight, I still regard myself as a solid member of the community who proactively helps out others quite frequently.

While at Insight, I maintained an officer role and for over 8 years and gradually took over the reins as GM.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

I play my current class, or any character I maintain, at the highest possible standard. I make the point of knowing all my spells and capabilities on said characters efficiently. This allows me to know when to use my offensive as well as my utility abilities optimally, to increase both my output and that of others based on my class’ setup.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

Currently there is a plethora of resources available to Moonkin and the general druid community that I use frequently. The discord channel, Dreamgrove, now maintains a fully functioning website packed full of Moonkin resources. I also use a website dedicated to Moonkin sims and statistics, ChickenDB, which was created in connection with Dreamgrove.
    Aside from these 2 great websites, I use my own knowledge of the class, the sims which I run and check daily and tips/advice from long standing Moonkin friends in the druid community as well as streamers!

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

I believe Moonkin to be a very strong and versatile addition to nay raid roster. While we do lack damage compared to some of the flavor of the month classes, we make up for it with the utility set of spells that very little classes can match.
    Having a Moonkin player with the ability to have Innervate set up with WAs to instantly apply it via call outs or whisper triggers allows certain healers to plan out their CD usage more comfortably.
    I believe we excel with the numerous CC and knock back abilities that no other range class can bring to the table matching our scale.
    With Moonkin being a “tanky” ranged class also, in either Bear Form or the additional survivability provided by Moonkin Form, I know we can off tank certain adds or survive heavier mechanics that other ranged dps classes cannot.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

I use Discord quite a lot, I have a working microphone and I have no issues what so ever using it. I would be a very vocal person.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yes. These raids times suits me perfectly and I am able to attend all scheduled raids. Very seldom would I miss a raid.

I’d like to add that I will be lurking over this application, so please feel free to add or ask anything that I might not have covered.
    I’d like to thank you guys for reading this and for the consideration, hopefully we will see more of each other soon!

Don

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  Okayama.

Korogg

Hello Don

Thank you for applying. Your application seems to have been caught in the spam filter. I’ve restored it and it should be visible once again.

We will return to you with any questions in this post.

Regards
    Korogg

JamSam

Hey Don

The warcraftlogs you’ve provided only show Heroic Uldir logs. Can you please provide any logs from your time progressing during all tiers in Legion?

Cheers,
    Jamsam

Don
    Participant

Morning! I just wanna let you guys know that I will be withdrawing my application. I found somewhere suitable for myself on Kazzak where I currently am.
    Thank you again for the offer and considering me.

Best of luck to MMM in BFA and the upcoming tiers!

Don

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.