Forums Guild Applications [ACCEPTED] Divorsia – Affliction Warlock

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Divorsia 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Divorsia
    Participant

Application Form
    Name, Age and where you’re from

– Divorsia (I’m not confident with giving out my name on the internet.)
    – 25 years old
    – Denmark

Character Name and BattleTag

– Divorsia
    – Muunjuze#2851

Class

– Warlock

Primary spec

– Affliction

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/aggramar/divorsia

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/aggramar/divorsia

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

– Weakauras/DBM/ElvUI then whatever the guild might require.
    https://gyazo.com/670ff355da5192c2a16c16707422726f

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

– Warmad contacted me through wowprogress

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

– It died. No other guilds left on the server to raid with.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

– I’ve raided since vanilla, when I wasn’t very old, so I barely had an understanding for the game, but did get through molten core, I don’t remember the name.
    – In tbc I raided with a guild called Aurora Nova iirc. Killed Illidan, stopped raiding to get 2k in arena and then took a break from raiding through s4/Sunwell
    – In wotlk I raided with Aurora Nova until midway through Ulduar, where I took a break and came back for ICC, but in some random italian mafia guild, nothing worth mentioning was killed
    – In Cataclysm I only did very casual raiding (pugging with irl friends and so on)
    – In MoP I raided primarily with my younger brothers in a guild we made ourselves, where I acted as the raidleader til we cleared ToT normal, where afterwards I joined a casual guild myself for SoO where we got to Malkorok heroic (prior to mythic change), where I took a break until WoD.
    – In WoD I raided with the same guild as in SoO during MoP, again. Killed a few bosses in mythic Highmaul and a decent amount in BRF.
    I then rerolled rogue from shaman for HFC where I joined a new guild, acting as recruitment officer and raidleader until the guild fell apart due to some spicy e-girl drama at Gorefiend, whereafter I took a long break until Legion.
    – Currently in Legion I have all cutting edges aside from Argus. I started out very casual at the start of the expansion, and then moved to hellscream to join Nominal Interest Rate for NH mythic progression, which later merged with Reinvented on that realm, killed Gul’dan a few times before ToS released, where the guild ultimately died out. After that I joined Insanity the current top guild on the server, killed KJ and the guild fell apart right after.
    I then joined the only remaining decent guild on the server, where we got 9/11 before the guild died as well.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

– I play the class the way it feels right, with the experience I have, I can usually work out the way to play the specc in a correct manner. To further fine tune and improve, I research the specc for any mechanics I might have over looked, because I always strife to become better.
    If the question is more as to how I play affliction… Theeeen, yea, dunno how to explain that, I dot stuff, then drain and react to the rng the specc presents to me, and quickly work out the best strategy to capitalize on the oppertunity to use what I get optimally.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

– I usually make my own weak auras as a starting point, it helps me get a good feeling for what abilities I have and what is relevant to look out for.
    Another step is going through warcraftlogs of obvious better players than myself, to see how they work things out.
    I initially join the class’ respective discord, and look for any information in shape of guids, websites or weakauras others have made, to see if there’s anything that might surprise me, then ask questions towards it.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

– Yes, yes and sometimes.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

– Yes

• This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Druwd.

Okayama

Hi Divorsia,

Thank you for applying.

I wanted ask you about your time as a raid leader/recruitment officer. Did you volunteer for these roles or were you asked to take them on? How did you find the extra responsibility did it come naturally to you?

Also at some point I would love to hear about this E-girl drama as it sounds extra spicy.

Thanks
    Okayama

Divorsia
    Participant

Initially I was asked if I wanted to of course, which I accepted without hesitation back then. Acting in the role came natural to me indeed, whether I did it all correctly or not (I hardly believe all I did was correct, but I wouldn’t say I was bad at it necessarily) taking responsibility for my actions as well as taking critique for my mistakes is no issue for me either, and I understand the aspects of responsibility in regards to, say the pressure and demands it puts on you.

The drama back then is surely a story I can tell one day, if we get accepted, wink wink.

JamSam

Hey Divorsia,

Could you please provide a UI screenshot during a raid encounter? Preferably one which includes how you track incoming raid debuffs / fatal one shot mechanics & so on?

Thank you, Jamsam.

Divorsia
    Participant

Hey JamSam,

Here’s a screenshot which I took and highlighted areas in the UI to explain what’s going on in this example.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/375418863740911619/425689824150814720/Stuff.png

Best regards.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.