Forums Guild Applications [Withdrawn] Divineas – Shadow Priest

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Epigenic 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Epigenic
    Participant

Application Form
    Name, Age and where you’re from

Victor, 24, Netherlands

Character Name and BattleTag

Divineas – Epigenic#2118

Class

Priest

Primary spec

Shadow

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/nagrand/divineas

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/nagrand/divineas

Please note that it might be better to look at EN/ToV/NH/ToS logs to more accurately reflect my ‘normal’ performance.

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

View post on imgur.com

Im using Elvui for basically all my ui things. Exorcus/Bigwiggs/WA for all raid and character optimizations.

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

WoWprogress and reading your guild summary overlaps with what I personally want to achieve within WoW (Semi-Hardcore mentality while having fun doing it). Furthermore the raid time would match my day to day life perfectly.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

I was in Quelm-Nagrand right up till ToS where I spend many years before switching to LootFTW-Ravencrest. This change was primarily due to my inability to raid 4 times a week due to my studies at the time. LootFTW is a 2 day raiding guild and we cleared ToS without much issues, the problem however was the excessive amount of toxicity in their group that sucked all the fun out of raiding. As such I took a small break after ToS and start of Antorus and returned to Quelm due to my studies not being a problem anymore. However in the time I was away they had recruited 2 really decent shadow priests and felt it would be unfair for me to take back my initial spot over them. As such I raided mythic with them more as a temporary raider until I can find another raiding guild.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

I’ve raided since early TBC on my hunter up till ICC when I took a break from WoW due to my account being hacked. I returned late MoP and progressed through HC SoO/Mythic on a protection warrior. During WoD I swapped from warrior to SPriest during HM and I’ve enjoyed this spec ever since. In WoD I’ve consistently ranked among the top 100 spriests world and kept this up till the end of NH. Due to ToS RNG trinkets/and certain cheese strats I had to settle for more lenient placements but still tried to get full orange logs as a personal challenge (obviously not slacking on tactics). Due to my late arrival in Antorus I’ve only managed to clear 10/11M instead of fully clearing.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

I’d say my confidence in playing spriest is something that makes me stand apart from other spriests. Even among the better spriests a lot of them still tend to brainlessly watch their insanity meter due to our entire rotation revolving around it, this leads to them making a lot of raid tactic mistakes or getting caught and dying. (The SPriests meme). In contrast I rarely die due to personal mistakes.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

I used to read pretty much everything Twintop wrote on howtopriest.com. He was the lead theory crafter and producer of spriest simulation algorithms for Simcraft. Beyond that I regularly check top performing logs to see whatever it is they do right and wrong to further improve myself.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

Spriests are decent ST and good in multicleave/council fights. We are arguably Afflictions younger cooler brother that is just short of big brothers performance. I’d say currently were above average in everything but varimathras/imonar type fights where either multiple stages causes voidform drops or insanely quick priority targets with a bunch of hp like shade of vari highlight our instant target swap weaknesses. Furthermore, we do not have instant aoe to clear low hp zergs unless we optimize our gear with trinkets that slightly alleviate this issue. However we are kings of prolonged execute phases due to ramping damage with ToS/SW:D comparable to warriors.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

Yes, yes and yes!

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yes, in fact this is a major positive point for me.

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by  Korogg.

Okayama

Hi Divineas,

Thank you for the application it was a good read. We will get back to you with any questions we have over the next couple of days. I do have one question though have you bumped into a slacking feral druid called madjack? Depending on your thoughts on him it could impact your application greatly.

Good luck

Okayama

Epigenic
    Participant

Oh wait hes the new feral trial in quelm right? Hes alright, above average in most things but cant say much about him personally since he was really quiet most of the time.

Madjackmcmad
    Participant

very highly skilled player is that madjack

Druwd

madjack is a wanker

Epigenic
    Participant

He guys, ive been accepted into a different guild just now. Hopefully you wont mind if i withdraw the app for now. Thanks for the time regardless!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.