Forums Guild Applications [ACCEPTED] Derpsie – MM Hunter

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Druwd 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Derpsie
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from
    – Lars Glindvad Sørensen, 22. I’m from Denmark living in Aalborg

Character Name and BattleTag
    – Derpsie-DefiasBrotherhood, Consen#2361

Class
    – Hunter

Primary spec
    – MM

Link to your Armory profile

Warcraft Logs or Similar

– This is my ToS logs only hc:
    This is my logs from the time raiding HFC M:

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

ElvUI, WA, ExRT, Pawn, Details!, AA, BigWigs

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?
    – Heard of you in WoD when some of my friends played in MMM (Zagann, Jægerjens, Wilibird and Samsoe). It was the time when the CM dungeons had poor times and we wanted to get the realm-best time. Unfortuneately I didn’t play on the realm so I didn’t get the spicy titles and achievements. I just enjoyed doing them. Although I did get realm-best in Auchindoun on Ravencrest. I recon doing the CM’s with a rogue Nezir I believe his name was.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?
    – Currently I’m playing in Im Strapped on DefiasBrotherhood it’s a social guild. We are only doing heroic clears every week. I want to get back to the semi-hardcore raiding I was used to in WoD. I choose to apply to MMM because you are slightly ahead from my raiding experience in WoD and also from what I’ve heard from my friends.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?
    – WoTLK: 11/12 HC ICC 10 man. Unfortuneately I can’t remember which guild
    I did raid abit in cataclysm but nothing special.
    MoP: SoO 12/14 HC, 14/14M (This was when i learned my friends who later joined MMM). With the guild Plan E-Ravencrest
    WoD: Highmaul 7/7M, but after BRF was released. I Believe it was either right before or after we killed Kromog. At the time I was playing in Clarity-TwistingNether.
    BRF: 10/10M as i recon we killed it in the last reset before HFC was released. At the time I was playing in Clarity-TwistingNether.
    HFC: 6/13M with Clarity. The guild was one of many that dispanded shortly after gorefiend
    After the guild dispanded I joined Cartoons-AzjolNerub which I progressed through the rest of HFC. This was my best raiding experience and ended 306 world.
    In legion I had a break due to I was starting to study and didn’t feel I got the time. I started late into NH and joined Im Strapped which is where I am now.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others
    – As marksmanship it is all about the vulneable window and get as many aimed shots in as possible. Also in the rotation you don’t want to start the vulneable window with an aimed shot. You want to make sure that you can cast 2x aimed shot in a row with t20-2p and also late in the vulneable window with the patient sniper talent. So my rotation looks basically like this assuming you got a marked shot proc. Marked shot at 70 focus>arcane shot>2x aimed shot. This is also assuming you dont get a lock n load proc which makes you able to cast more aimed shots.
    I don’t know if it makes me stand apart from other but the things I think I’m good at is maintaining t20-2p buff. Another thing is I’ve been farming a lot of old raids for legendaries and finally got the last BiS yesterday. With the many old raids the rotation became like a “muscle memory” which also makes me more aware of the abilities on the encounter.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.
    – I improve first of all by adapting to the fight, if its progress you get the touch of when to use your CD’s, especially if you are playing with CoF and legendary boots. Also see the killtimer on bosses to estimate how many Trueshots you will be able to land so you maybe need to delay it for execute.
    But before going into an encounter I have checked warcraftlogs things like which legendaries, talents and trinkets they are using. Then i can start testing it out myself.
    Raidbots/pawn: I use raidbots to sim my character for item upgrades and statweights which can be imported into the addon Pawn.
    To gather information about my rotation and class changes I’m using icy-veins, discord and mmo-champion

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)
    – Many encounters have an ability where turtle can be used to immune major damage. MM hunters also have execute which is quite strong. The movement as a MM hunter is decent, like if you are low on focus you can just cast arcane shot and you wont loose any dmg if its a medium distance you have to move. Also the legendary gloves helps on the movement for example if you know you need to be at a spot in 10 seconds you can move every 2. Aimed shot as well.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?
    – I’m probably not the most vocal person, but I have mic and it’s not a problem speak when it is necessary during a boss fight

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)
    – Yes

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Druwd.

Derpsie
    Participant

Druwd

You decided to raid very casual because you didn’t have time to play -due to your studies….Has this situation changed?

Thanks,
    Drowd

Derpsie
    Participant

The situation has changed. My study is a lot about time managing so the further I got the more i followed my schedule and haven’t had long evening studies in a long time. Another thing is I recently got injured in my knee in a football match, which means I’m not going to play for at least a year that also leads to more freetime.

About the casual raiding I’ve tried searching for a guild just before ToS released without any luck. I was kinda undergeared and didn’t have the right legendaries. Now I feel like I’m decent geared and got all the BiS legendaries.

Druwd

Thanks for the application.

Are you available for a heroic clear on Wednesday?

Will be 21.30 Server time & shouldnt take too long to clear.

It is a bit of a “piss-take” raid, with everyone on alts etc – but would be good to see what you can do!

Let me know if you would be able to attend.

Regards,
    Drowd

Derpsie
    Participant

Yes sure, I’ll be there!

Druwd

Thanks for joining the raid yesterday – you did an impressive job.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Drowd

Druwd

Accepted for a trial – whisper any officer online for an invitation.

Welcome

Regards,
    Drowd

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.