Forums Guild Applications [ACCEPTED] Demon Hunter application by Aias

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Druwd 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Aias
    Participant

Name, Age and where you’re from

Hi, my name is Sergei and I’m from Paris, France.

Character Name and BattleTag

Aias
    Bnet- AIAS#21849

Class

Demon Hunter

Primary spec

Havoc

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/defias-brotherhood/aias

Mind you I might not have my optimal gear equipped.

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/defias-brotherhood/aias

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

I use a very clean UI – ls:UI, since I detest having a cluttered screen, though in raids i take advantage of WeakAuras, Angry Assignments, BigWigs and ExorsusRT to make life easier.

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

Your guild has been mentioned more than a few times through the guilds I’ve been in before. Also- eye-catching mogs.

A friend in my raid team in Saníty recently joined you and he’s had nothing but good things to say about the guild. Also another player with whom I’ve journeyed through all the raid guilds I’ve been in Legion, encouraged me to go ahead and check you out.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

All guilds hit times where they have problems and our team wasn’t an exception, but what really shook me was seeing all of our leaders call quits for their own reasons. On a personal level I understand their decisions, but I also can’t deny that it brought my morale down and challenged my dedication to the team itself.In joining MMM I am expecting a solid backbone of dedicated players that are there to stick around and am looking forward to being a player your team can rely on, no matter what gets thrown our way.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

My early raiding experience comes with a guild called Fortitude where I used to raid during Tbc/Wotlk. We weren’t a top guild by any means but we did pretty well. I quit full time raiding after Ulduar and would play casually here and there because I was really focusing on my studies+moved to France. I used to be an officer there for a certain time and lead a number of raids as well.

Come legion I’ve decided to put time and effort into raiding once again and have been through the guilds Merely a Setback, Sushi and now Saníty. That’s like one guild per raid tier 🙂 I’ve been a dedicated tryhard but haven’t taken up any leadership positions beside banking and being in charge of feasts/vantus which I love doing, gives me that extra sense of responsibility which is welcome me being a class that has barely any utility.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

Most of the time I play to be optimal when it comes to throughput, using my limited utility whenever needed. I do make it a task to judge great opportunities for darkness casts unless specified. Burst and mobility are what’s iconic about this class so I look to utilise those to my advantage. I think what makes me stand apart is that unlike most DH players I am not at all intimidated to try out different build/legendary combinations, in fact having the opportunity to do so is what has kept me pretty excited about playing a DH. And having that experience has really helped me better judge which would be advantagous in different fights. I keep multiple sets of items at hand so I can respond to different situations, it has nothing to do with obsession for loot I swear. 🙂

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

I mostly rely on sims and common sense to figure out my gear. My class is not very complicated to be fair, there still is a slight curve in there though. Most of the time I use my own judgement which has served me pretty well so far. I lurk around in class discord from time to time, but the former along with my desire to experiment has served me the best.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

Burst is the word that comes up as a major strength. Thanks to our legendaries and talent tree also being pretty versatile I think DHs are in general very well rounded and can adapt to many different situations. The one weakness which is fair would be our sustained damage. Watching warriors spam whirlwind and mages spam arcane explosion and me just having to sit there chaos striking and waiting for fel rush to come off cd so i can squeeze in a bit more aoe is annoying.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

Yes. I’m not very vocal during raids by choice and prefer to give my input in chat between pulls, so as to leave the voice channel clear for the officers to use.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 7:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (8:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Raid times are perfect for me.

Thank you for your time in considering this application, I am excited to hear back from you. I’m available for any additional questions you might have.

• This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Druwd.

JamSam
    Participant

Hey, two things:

1. You provided a description to your UI but we’d still like to see the UI in-combat (pref. raid).
    2. I’m unable to see any logs from before 7.3 ToS & wowprogress doesn’t tell me where you were before joining Sanity, so I can’t find them myself. Have you got a link to these?

Thanks.

Aias
    Participant

I’ll post a screenshot as soon as I get the chance. When it comes to logs, I had a name change not too long ago (Aías => Aias) not thinking about the reprecussions, so I’m certain that most of my old logs are still under this profile:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/18395592/13/#partition=1

Aias
    Participant

Hey, here’s a shot of a quick lfr I joined:

View post on imgur.com

Druwd

Hello,

Good application , good logs & Tibbarn has vouched for you.

You are accepted for a trial spot in the raid team.

Whisper any officer in game for an invite.

Regards,
    Drowd

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.