Forums Guild Applications [Declined] DaveTV – Priest/Rogue

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DaveTV 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DaveTV
    Participant

I’d like to quickly state that my intention for joining MMM is to raid in Battle for Azeroth. I’ve played casually for the last few years due to university, and would like to use BfA as an opportunity to re-enter high end raiding.

Name, Age and where you’re from
    Jack, 25, a hole up north

Character Name, Class, Spec, armory, and BattleTag

DaveTV, Priest (Shadow, holy and Disc). Samuelhayden, Rogue (Mut, combat and Sub).

Battle Tag: Thirteen#2204

Warcraft Logs or Similar

Due to the nature of my application, I do not have any relevant logs. However, some can be provided, but please understand my lack of gear and BiS legendries will show a less than ideal result.

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

Relevant addons (in descending order)
    .Angry Assignments
    .DeathNote
    .Exorsus Raid Tools
    .Pawn
    .RClootCouncill
    .Simcraft
    .TellMeWhen
    .Weakauras
    .DBM

Priest UI (in raid combat)

Rogue UI (in raid combat)

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

I was actually playing on Defias for a short time during SoO, had a nice conversation with one of your members, though I can’t recall who or what we talked about. I remembered the guild name though, reminded me of Wicked by Ali G (jungle is massive) and it’s stuck with me since. Now that BfA is coming and I need a guild, I just feel MMM is a pretty good place to try, been a UK based guild and all, having a team with proper bants would be a nice change of pace.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

My last major raiding guild was back in Cata, during Firelands called Barbarians. We cleared all the way to Rag HC, but we eventually burnt out, and rather than continue raiding I took a step back to focus on my studies.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

I became interested in WoW during the beta, and it has held my interest through the years. During this time my guild and I managed to clear all the content in Vanilla, from MC all the way to AQ40 and Naxx, although Kel-thu-freaking-zad remained elusive in the end – I’ve been playing as a Tank Warrior for this duration. As TBC arrived, I switched to Druid, and later to a Holy Paladin – with these two characters I cleared all TBC content. As a DK, I’ve cleared all of the Wrath content, attaining world 52nd Descent into Madness 25man, world 89th A Tribute to Mad Skill 25man , and world 116th LK HC 25man.

At the end of ToTC, my guild Wrath (Shadowsong EU) started leaking members, and we were often struggling to have enough of our core team for progression raiding. Unfortunately, it reached a point where I chose to move on with a new guild. Raiding with Barbarians (Kilrogg, EU), I finished the Wrath content and moved on to Cata, and cleared all content up to HC Rag (T11 & up to Rag, cleared all HC 25man content under world 160th). At this point I focused on my studies, playing casually throughout each expansion, either clearing only normal, or HC once mythic came out. WoD and Legion saw the same treatment, I played enough to get HC curve, and pugged every now and again.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others / How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

My approach to any class is a foundation of critical thinking, technical skill, and applied learning through recorded game-play. While every high end raider has built up the first two skills, during progression I record my own game-play to analyse after the raid. During my assessment of the raid, I pinpoint periods of bad positioning, misplays or ill timed cool-downs.

One of my goals with this process is to create a personal kill time-line to optimise the usage of my cool-downs during the fight. Topically this information is shared with the rest of the guild.

A staple of this process is the use of Warcraft logs, it is an invaluable resource; when used together they provide me with all the information I need to execute 100% of my DPS potential

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

An Spriest is more often compared to a Warlock due to their similar dot based play-style, but that is where their similarities end. An experienced Spriest will know their toolkit is more than just high execute damage. Whereas Warlocks provide two or three noticeable raid-wide utilities with Gate, Health-Stones and summoning portal; Shadow Priests’ have access to a diverse toolkit of utilities by comparison, but have a less noticeable effect. Spammable self-healing during periods of inactivity and Vampiric Embrace (during high Void Form Stacks) provide a way for SPirests to aid the raid during bouts of pulsing raid damage. Mass Dispel gives a unique distinction to the Priest class, one that I feel is more applicable to SPriests than our healing counterparts, since mana is a non-consequence and should be used in place wherever needed. This, combined with a damage system that ramps up extremely high during the latter parts of an encounter, the ability to snipe a damage increase with Twist of Fate if adds exist, and a play-style that is almost entirely absent of RNG, presents a class that relies fully on the player to unlock its potential

A note on dispersion since it’s one of Shadow Priests most notable ability; while its focus in Legion alluded to a DPS cool-down, it’s 65% damage reduction and freedom effect allows for solo handling of mechanics, much like Helya Tentacle soaking, or Nightmare Brambles on Cenarius.

Rogues lack any direct comparison, unlike SPriest and Warlock. Few classes can match the mobility or avoidance of Rogues. An extremely high multiplicative stacking game-play that can exploit vulnerable phases in bosses to a ludicrous degree. Two charges of Shadow step and a low cool-down Sprint ensures rogues are never impacted by high movement bosses, with step behaving like a blink, can bypass floor-based damage pools if there is something to step to. And Cloak of Shadows, something so good that even after it’s cool-down increase, was still one of the most powerful preservation abilities a DPS has. This combined with 3 specs that that provide contrasting ways of dealing damage (which can be tailored for each fight) ensures the Rogue always has the potential to shine, no matter the fight.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

Yes to all three.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yes, absolutely.

If there Is anything else you’d like to know, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
    DaveTV.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  Korogg.

JamSam
    Participant

Hello DaveTV

Thank you for your application

Unfortunately we have decided to decline, good luck finding a guild for BFA.

Regards,
    Jamsam

DaveTV
    Participant

No worries mate, kind of expected.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.