Forums Guild Applications [ACCEPTED] Daniie – Death Knight

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Daniie 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Daniie
    Participant

Application Form

Name, Age and where you’re from

Hello there. My name is Dan, I’m 27 and from London.

Character Name and BattleTag
    Daniie – Dan#2701

Class
    Death Knight
    I have also maintained and played alts to a similar level as my Death Knight, specifically Hunter, Monk and Warlock which I have used for progression over the years.

Primary spec
    Unholy/Frost – I play both comfortably and swap to whichever is clear winner for an encounter or when tactics dictate the need for certain utility, as such I have no problems playing Blood when it is needed.

Link to your Armory profile
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/khadgar/Daniie/advanced

Warcraft Logs or Similar
    As I am coming back from a break from the game I do not have any recent logs but here are some historic logs from Legion:

ToV: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/20614245?zone=12&mode=detailed#partition=2
    Nighthold:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/20614245?zone=11&mode=detailed#spec=Frost&partition=1
    ToS:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/20614245?zone=13&mode=detailed#partition=1

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)
    I use:
    – ElvUI
    – WeakAuras
    – MagicRunes
    – DBM
    – AngryAssignments

Screenshot – https://i.imgur.com/y62ibwR.jpg
    Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd_IGCSUeMo

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?
    I’ve heard about the guild from Krisblade. I am looking to play more casually so a 3 day schedule is perfect for me and the raid days work with my current job. From what Kris has told me you keep a decent roster with fair loot distribution along with a solid and increasing ranking without requiring multiple alts and day-raiding, which are both things I’m not interested in getting back into.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?
    My previous guild was Converge on Khadgar which disbanded during ToS. I have chosen MMM as it perfectly aligns with what I want from the game – a stable guild with a long history that is progressing through the ranks with a three-day schedule and no expectation of 2+ alts on the same level as your main.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?
    I started playing in WotLK clearing the following ICC 25 Heroic with the 10% buff in Apex, following that I joined Ensidia for the rest of ICC farm.

In Cataclysm with Ensidia I cleared TOTFW/BOT/BWD finishing with a 3rd place ranking, following that we got world 4th kill on Ragarnos. After Firelands Ensidia merged with Envy where I raided Dragon Soul for a top 10 finish. Due to the way the merger was handled I decided to create and lead a 10-man guild – Hostile -with friends on Draenor for Mists of Pandaria where we cleared the first tier on Heroic (sans Sha of Fear). The troubles of running a 10man only roster caused a lot of missed raid days and we ended up disbanding the guild. Following that I joined Method during MSV/TOES/HOF farm and participated in TOT testing achieved a World First Lei Shen kill. After that the timing coincided with me finishing my degree and starting a full-time job, I was unable to give the guild the time they required and stay on as a casual (clearing SOO during that time) until the split into Method and Serenity. I raided the start of WoD with Ascendance but due to a job change was unable to make the start of the raid times. After that I took a break until the start of Legion where I joined Converge clearing EN/TOV/NH and the start of TOS until the guild disbanded during progress.

In other MMOs I lead the rank 4 guild (Nameless) in Wildstar, eventually merging with the rank 1 guild at the time and achieving some World Firsts in 40man raiding.
    Currently in my break from WoW, I started playing a mobile MMO (Lineage 2 Revolution) where I lead the current rank 2 European clan (Stardust).

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others
    What makes me stand out from others that I play with passion and desire to not only succeed but excel at the game. I am very comfortable with my class after spending countless hours raiding through the expansions which allows me to focus on niche areas to improve the usefulness and effectiveness of my class within a fight. Due to my experience with class I am able to play all three specs to a high standard providing the option of an extra tank for fights that demand it, which I have done in every expansion so far.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.
    I use the DK class discord which is a great source of knowledge and theory crafting for the class as well utilising logs to gain insight into how other DKs are approaching the encounters. Specifically looking at setups and cooldown usage and trying to identify where I might of have lacked something that would’ve allowed me to do better.
    During Cataclysm I wrote and maintained the class guides for Death Knights and Warlocks on Ensidia’s website (Manaflask).

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)
    As a class DPS Death Knights are a resilient damage dealer can death grip, AoE slow and prevent certain debuff applications using AMS. Where we excel are having two DPS specs in which one – Unholy – provides sustained single-target and AoE damage along with the ability to use the ghoul to soak large amount of damage, Frost allows for huge burst AoE damage and the ability to remove debuffs using AMS.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?
    Yes, no issues there

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)
    Yes without problems

• This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Druwd.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.