Forums Guild Applications [ACCEPTED] Boklord – Restoration Druid

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Druwd 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Boklord
    Participant

Application Form
    Name, Age and where you’re from

Jurgen van Loon, 24 years, The Netherlands (Tilburg)

Character Name and BattleTag

Boklord#2982

Class

Druid

Primary spec

Restoration

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/arathor/boklord

Warcraft Logs or Similar

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/emerald-dream/boklord
    https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/arathor/Boklord

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

Right now, my most used addons for raiding are DBM, ElvUI (healing grid), Weakaura and Details. I dont really use much else, apart from maybe Pawn and Bagnon. This is an older screenshot, but it basically shows my UI, might not be the greatest to some, but it is laid out pretty nice for me: https://imgur.com/a/UEETF

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

I actually got approached by one of your members called Drowd I think, apart from that, I’m looking for a guild that’s a bit better than I’ve ever actually been in, to see if I’m actually as good as I think I am. Right now, you guys seem like a perfect fit because of your raiding times and the low hour of raiding you guys require. Although that doesn’t mean I dont put in work to get my character up to notch every tier. But in the end it boils down to wanting to kill everything before the next tier of content comes out, while also being in a fun enviroment.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

Well I originally come from Angels of Ares, which unfortunatly disbanded, after that I moved to a friend’s guild on Arathor to help them with Kil’Jaeden(?), but right now, I feel like I’m above most of their raiders’ level, which seems really cocky, but I’m paying to play this game, and as long as I dont get enjoyment out of raiding and progressing it kind of makes no sense for me to pay. So therefor I’m really looking for a guild that is a step up for me and see if I can perform at that sort of level.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

I used to play in TBC, and cleared quite some things back then. I think my most amazing kill was Kael’thas or Leothoras the Blind. Kael because as an end boss, it really stepped up Blizzard’s game I feel like. And Leothoras simply because it was with my very first guild, and it actually took like 4 weeks to kill that boss. In WOTLK I did all the hardmodes in Ulduar, and did the heroic trial without wiping (A tribute to Madness), I stopped after that, until MoP dropped and killed everything on Heroic up to Thok. After Mythic came out, I killed Garrosh once, although he was easier, it still was a pretty cool kill. Legion has actually been my most constant climb, going from Xavius, to Helya and Gul’dan, unfortunatly my guild died, but I’m still hungry as ever trying to get everything down.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

I’d say im a very quick learner, boss fight wise and class wise. At the start of the expansion I wasnt nearly good enough to kill Odyn Mythic, right now I feel like I’m definitly a really solid player/healer. I dont know what makes me stand apart really, but for myself, as a WoW player, I’ve grown immensely (that sounds cheesy, I know), and hopefully I can show you guys how I stand apart from other players in a positive way.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

I think for most Druid healers, we use the Dreamgrove(Druid Discord), apart from that, I mostly talk with people from the guild that have either more experience or are just all around good players/healers. I do also enjoy watching the Method healing vids, but they mostly use a Paladin.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

I’d say a Resto Druid really shines in a movement heavy fight, where there are bursts of damage. Most recent Kil’Jaeden definitly fits a Druid very well, with bear form you got an ultimate survivability, with the knockbacks you’re still able to heal a lot even though its movement heavy. I’d say we lack a lot when it comes to single target healing (e.g tank healing or spamming a certain person with a debuff etc). Apart from that I feel like, even though Druids got nerfed, theyre still a very strong healer.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

Yes and Yes, although I won’t start off entire monologues.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yes

Thanks for reading my application and for considering me!

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Druwd.

Brelshar
    Participant

I actually got approached by one of your members called Drowd I think

Did he offer you sweeties from the back of his van?

Bad Drowd, BAD.

Boklord
    Participant

No no, just a promise of a really fun guild, and a bunch of dickpicks overlayed with instagram filters.

Druwd

Thanks for the application Boklord.

We watched a couple of your kill vids & checked out your logs & everything looked good.

We are happy to offer you a trial.

Whisper any officer in game for an invitation – We look forward to raiding with you.

Regards,
    Drowd

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.