Forums Guild Applications Blackoutkek – Windwalker Monk

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Blackoutkek 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Blackoutkek
    Participant

As a little prologue to this application I’d like to front the fact that I would honestly have no issue playing anything you told me to, I have experience in mythic difficulty as every role besides healer and would happily fill any role the guild would require me to for progression or farm. I would also like to make clarity on the issue of me coming back to the game from an approximately one year break, this leaves me in the predicament of having no current experience gear or logs and of course this makes me a lesser candidate for your roster. Normally I would never apply to a guild with a world rank like yours but given the circumstances of the expac being over and me looking toward the future to find a home for BFA I imagine you guys are doing the same and so I would expect you would at least consider my application. Now with that out of the way onto the actual application itself.

Name, Age and where you’re from

Name – Oliver
    Age – 20
    From – Newcastle UK

Character Name and BattleTag

As stated before I’ll play anything but the character with the current highest ilvl is called Keknight – Draenor however the character I would like to play with you guys most would be a windwalker monk by the name Memesnweed – Draenor (I agree the name is pretty awful so don’t worry I’m not gonna be blasting airhorns down the mic 24/7)

Also my Btag is Blackoutkek#2990 in the event that I’m not online for whatever reason you can reach me on Discord via Blackoutkek#5102 this will also reach my mobile as I have push notifications for Discord enabled

Class

Pref Monk but no issue playing anything else.

Primary spec

Windwalker (DPS)

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/memesnweed
    (work in progress of course)

Warcraft Logs or Similar

Now to answer this question I don’t currently have any relevant logs from this tier other than some low ilvl heroic runs on the DK, however I can link logs from older tiers of Legion or Warlords of Draenor which I consider to be up to par.

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

For addons that are relevant to raiding I use BigWigs/Details/AngryAssignments/ERT/OmniCC/OPie/RSA/Quartz/ShadowedUnitFrames/TidyPlates/ElvUI/WA

UI can be found here – https://imgur.com/a/721Tf

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

Discovered you guys on Wowprogress and I viewed a few of your kill videos and you fellas seem alright. You also stated yourselves as a UK based guild on Wowprogress and I can’t help but be drawn a little by that fact, not because I have a problem with people outside of the UK just I feel it’s more fun to talk with people from the UK.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

My last guild was Tempest – Draenor I was with them from 15th September 2014 until November 14th 2017 so I guess you could say I was in for the long haul. I was their main tank and I really enjoyed raiding with them and I believe they’re all wonderful people, however as a result of my break they cannot offer me a spot for BFA as they simply have no vacancies. It should be said the reason I took a break from the game was simply because I was burnt out. I played the game pretty much every waking moment of the day and when I wasn’t playing the game I was tearing through logs, MMO-C forums and class Discords trying to diagnose errors in my own play – so as you can imagine I got pretty burnt out.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

From the end of SoO I was with Tempest until ToV was released I cleared every single instance with them until my break. I think it would be pretty safe to say I was a pretty vocal member of the team and I always looked at logs to diagnose errors in not only my play but others (I wasn’t ever asked to do this however and I did it of my own accord purely because certain players were not up to scratch). I was bestowed the glorious rank of recruitment officer and handled the job of going on Wowprogress finding classes we need and convincing them to join our guild, I also helped the officers with deciding on applications and who to take and who not to take and why based on their performances in logs and how many times they died from avoidable damage etc etc.

Not particularly noteworthy but I feel it’s worth mentioning anyways. I did raid very briefly with Fatsharkyes for some farm runs in HFC because their tank (Lazel at the time) was out for two weeks.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

I’ll answer this question from the way I used to play, I used to play a tank and as of course I’m sure you’re aware as the weeks of mythic go on the game for tanks obviously gets easier and easier so as a direct result of that I became a bit of a min-maxer and tried to really push my specs dps to what it could be, as HFC lasted forever I did this on all 5 of the available tank classes during that period, this did of course have an undesirable knock-on effect on me as I did become somewhat of a log-whore and it did make the guild worse-off, however coming away from that period in time and taking a break from the game I feel I’ve matured a bit and prioritise mechanics as opposed to popping AMS and purposefully blowing up the raid on Xhul in order to get a few more seconds of BoS.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

As I stated earlier I utilise Warcraftlogs, Discord and if it i still relevant MMO-C.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

As for Windwalker we have arguably the most functional mobility in the game I can think in a particular instance this tier on Aggramar where there is loads of movement and knock backs using transcendence can really help to push damage and avoid dying. Windwalker from the looks of it is also very very strong in terms of raw damage output which is of course important in the DPS role. Compared to other agility based DPS like Rogues for example we lack the ability to soak like they do with abilities like cloak being excellent for cheesing mechanics and soaking things like doom fire on Archimonde (if necessary). We do also have mobility we can give to other people in the party in the form of tigers lust, although I rarely see other monks use this part of their kit it is undeniably useful I remember on Blackhand when having to kite the cannon thing in P2 (I don’t remember the name of the vehicle but there you go) you could give tigers lust to tanks/rogues that may require it. We also have what is arguably the best stun in the game in the form of legsweep and AOE 5 second stun on a 45s CD is absolutely nuts in my opinion and finally we do of course excel in the niche of cleave with SEF and the fact all of our cooldowns are AOE (SotWL, FoF and WDP)

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

Yes to all three

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

Yes no problem one of the reasons I applied.

Conclusion

Alright thanks very much for reading the app I hope it was to your liking. I’m also going to use this section to cover questions that I’ve been asked in other apps before and what we used in our recruitment process.

Why Pick Me?

Now I understand it is very difficult to justify taking somebody for trial with such a piss poor character as mine as they may just jump into the raid steal a load of loot and then hop elsewhere, I’ve seen it happen and I know how infuriating it can be first hand, so all you can really do is take my word on that I won’t do that. I believe myself very vocal and capable of taking initiative in raids, I also maintain other characters besides my main, so in the event that for whatever reason Windwalker is garbage I can easily swap to another character. I am also cool with criticism and being flamed in general although it isn’t particularly enjoyable I don’t mind it really as I consider myself a relatively passive person socially. I am also very punctual when it comes to raiding I simply believe that if there are 19 other real human beings relying on you it would be a bit of a joke to waste their time even if it is a fictional fantasy dragon slaying world. I also have a very reliable fast connection both at home and at university, obviously shit happens and occasionally people do miss raids it has happened in the past where my internet or power has just gone out but that’s the penalty for living in a real world. As of now I have no issue with raiding extra days if necessary, although I don’t imagine it will happen consistently occasionally it is necessary to kill a boss in a lockout. I also have no issue with beta/PTR testing if you guys ever want to do PTR testing to get a leg up in upcoming tiers.

What Do I expect from MMM?

I simply expect two things a consistent raiding schedule (don’t get me wrong shit happens and occasionally raids are cancelled) and an atmosphere in which I can fit in and enjoy others company. Given what I’ve seen so far these won’t be issues for me at all.

Okayama

Hi Memesnweed,

Thanks for the application, as you noted yourself this application is a little odd as you are applying with no experience from this tier. With this being the case could you please link old logs from previous characters. Also do you have any logs for your monk? Even if the gear isn’t great at least we can get some idea of your play.

Thanks

Okayama

Blackoutkek
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, currently I have no logs for the monk though I’ll get working on nm/hc logs asap. As for logs from previous characters here they are.

Most recent/relevant stuff was bear druid/prot warrior in EN (just before my break)
    Bear: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/3140889/10/

Warr: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/12399699/10/

As for the rest these are all WoD logs. (Which I do still believe to be somewhat relevant as certain class complexities existed in this expansion which no longer exist in Legion.
    DK: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/3140885/8/
    Pally: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13587853/8/
    BrMonk: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/7329976/8/

Mage: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/12883738/8/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.