Forums Guild Applications Application Carimma / Affliction Warlock

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Druwd 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

carimmehrez
    Participant

Application Form

Name, Age and where you’re from

–Vincent Ceusters, 19 years old, Belgium

Character Name and BattleTag

–Carimma

Class

–Warlock

Primary spec

–Affliction. I always update my other specs accordingly when my main spec is fully geared. This expansion it has been less of a priority, due to fights being extremely well designed for Affliction and the great scaling the spec has with additional gear.

Link to your Armory profile

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/defias-brotherhood/carimma

Warcraft Logs or Similar

-Emerald Nightmare: Mythic progress (casual guild)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13670238/10/

-Trial of Valor: Heroic progress (casual guild)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13670238/12/

-Nighthold: Mythic progress

This Mythic progress was in a semi-hardcore guild.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13670238/11/#partition=1

This Mythic progress was in a casual guild.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13670238/11/#

–Antorus, the Burning Throne
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/28942087/17/

What addons do you use? (Please provide a screenshot of your UI –IN COMBAT–)

–Elvui, Bartender4, WeakAuras2, Details, DBM, EXRT

https://prnt.sc/hibj9f

This UI allows me to track everything clearly without any clutter as to which mechanics must be executed.

How did you hear about MMM, and what made you consider applying?

–I quit WoW for 2 months since my old guild was dying out, and I started getting a lot of headaches due to real life stress. This obstructed my personal standard of playing, which made me quit and take some time off until I felt better and ready to perform again.

I heard about MMM through my friends Qkoo and Nightwing. I’ve raided with Qkoo before and would like to do so again. We’re good friends and both him and Nightwing highly recommended this guild to me.

I’ve been in a casual guild for a long time now and I really need to progress because it’s what I love doing and feel that this is the right place to do it.
    Today I joined the alt raid and noticed that it is a really friendly group that plays well individually and as a team. I felt right at home.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them?

–My previous guild’s raidgroup disbanded shortly after I left. I saw that they started a fresh raidgroup again currently but I feel like it is bound to go wrong again. I am also not looking for a casual at this point.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

–I started playing WoW in MoP but didn’t do much besides leveling.

My first raiding experience started in WoD when I was online one night and decided I wanted to be a raider. A few days later I started in a casual guild called Partycrashers.

Here I had my introducing raids in HFC, where I was taught that mechanics are most important to everything else.

Legion started and I entered late in EN due to school. I was immediately welcomed back into the raid and stayed to progress 4/7 M EN and 3/3 HC ToV.

In Nighthold I got the feeling that I wanted more progress but didn’t really have the guts to leave this great group of friends behind. In comes Qkoo, who I join a guild with called Limited Edition.
    I didn’t want to fully leave my friends behind so started raiding with my DK, which I quickly picked up, in Partycrashers. I progressed on my Warlock besides Qkoo.
    Expectations of the guild were met during my trial but it all started going downhill really fast. I never much felt a bond with the members of Limited Edition since most of them thought very high of themselves without showing any results, and without effort to improve or help the raid.
    I cleared 4/10 M NH with Limited Edition and eventually got tired of the mindset of their players so I left.

I went back to Partycrashers on my Warlock and cleared 7/10 M NH in the end. I never had much of a leading role, because I’m concentrating too hard to talk mostly.
    I am someone who relies a lot on knowledge to execute things correctly so I was often asked by the raidleaders to help in deciding the right course of action in most decisions. I felt more like an advisor, which I thought was a great way to help the raid in my own way.

I was very excited to go into ToS but halfway through Heroic progress I had family issues which made me stay more with them instead of playing the game.

I came back during Kil’Jaeden Heroic progression and continued 4/9 Mythic progression until we didn’t have enough members for Mythic anymore, after which I quit because of my headaches.

My health issues are now resolved, and I started playing again 3 days ago, in which I updated myself on every single thing that happened in the time I was gone.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others

–As I said above, I mostly rely on my knowledge of the raid and my class to think about how to play optimally in a healthy way for the raid. I’m quite good at concentrating and keeping my head in the game for longer periods of time to accomplish my peak performance. I do not accept mistakes of myself. The game is not fun for me if I am not trying my very best.

How do you improve? – What resources do you use to optimise your performance – please provide details & examples as required.

–I mostly learn from other top Warocks directly. I believe this to be the most reliable source to improve. For this, I use the Class Discord. This has a ton of information that is great to get better at Warlock. If I have any questions myself, I directly message one of the top Warlocks that I know to get a definitive answer that I know to be correct.
    I am a quick learner to mechanics inside raids, and make sure to prepare every fight fully by watching the bosses beforehand on Youtube.
    Besides that, I use http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Home, which is managed by the same top Warlocks as the Discord. Here I can find all my needed information regarding sims and comparisons between trinkets etc.
    I hate it if I’m not optimized in every way, which is why I only use these few knowledgeable sources.

What are the strengths of your class in comparison to other classes in your role? (E.g. if you are Mage – what are your strengths/weaknesses vs a warlock?)

–Currently, Warlock doesn’t have many weaknesses. It has been strong all expansion long and the raids seem to be tailored for it.
    Being as versatile as Affliction makes me able to do well in Single Target, Cleave, Add prio, and many other scenarios. Even in pure 2 Target Cleave the spec is stronger than Destruction. Due to this I can handle any fight that comes at me and perfectly adapt to what the raid needs.
    It is possible to go full add damage, or when needed use those adds to get more damage onto the boss as a priority for example.

Warlock is often underrated in the Mobility department, with Burning Rush being one of the strongest Movement Speed abilities in the game. Demonic Circle to quickly reposition myself without much DPS loss is vital, and the utility of Demonic Gateway comes in handy more often than not.

The survivability is equally incredible, healing insane amounts with Drain Soul and stacking up a shield makes a Warlock able to withstand most raid mechanics. The personal Lay on Hands can definetly not be missed, being Healthstones for the entire raid. All of this makes it easier for the Healers.

Can you use Discord, do you have a mic, are you vocal?

–Yes, when needed.

Can you Raid on Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday 8:00pm to 11pm GMT+0? (9:00 pm to 12 pm Servertime)

–Yes.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  carimmehrez.

Druwd

Thanks for the thorough application.

We will discuss & get back to you with a decision soon.

Regards,
    Drowd

Nightwing
    Participant

From personal experience i would definetly recommend him, can back that he’s an extraordinary warlock, reliable and probably one of the best i know. 100% sure he will meet all requirements with ease.
    That is, if we have a spot for him 🙂

Druwd

Hi – apologies for the delay – We will give the final response on Tuesday.

Drowd

carimmehrez
    Participant

Hello. No problem at all, thank you for the update.

Vince

Druwd

Hi Carimma.

Thanks again for the application.

Unfortunately, we currently have quite a large roster.

Considering that you are also relatively inexperience in mythic raiding – we will have to decline this application.

If we have a spot open up in the future & you are still available – we would be very happy to offer you a trial though.

Hopefully nightwing will be able to facilitate should that occur!

Best of luck,

Drowd

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.